• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Will I get to Sub 8 with Petrus?

• Yes

Votes: 149 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 19.9%

• Total voters
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
WCA
2019KANT03
@PetrusQuber How's it going? I've just recently gotten back into cubing from over a year hiatus and I've gone from 14-15 global to 16-18 2h and somehow the same oh. I remember scrolling these forums like mad back when in I was a serious grinder so just thought of checking in.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
@PetrusQuber How's it going? I've just recently gotten back into cubing from over a year hiatus and I've gone from 14-15 global to 16-18 2h and somehow the same oh. I remember scrolling these forums like mad back when in I was a serious grinder so just thought of checking in.
not really cubing actively anymore unfortunately, went back up to around 15 for 3x3 average. GL with improving your average though!

Burrito

WCA
2022SOPK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I feel like it would be VERY hard to achieve even sub 12 with Petrus. Other methods have much more potential and have many more resources. There are hardly any videos on Petrus but quite a few more for CFOP being the most popular. Then Roux being the second most popular has a decent amount of videos. And then ZZ being Third has a few videos on it. I feel like you should switch to ZZ or Roux because there are still this block building elements to them so you would not be horrible using them at the start.
Maybe try implement pseudo-2x2x2 (if possible), colour neutrality isnt that good. (read jayden mcneills blog on it), and increase tps?

Idk im just giving suggestions

(pls dont bash me :) )

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
could you summarize for me or link the blog?
It was basically about worlds 19 and how Sean and the Weyer brothers were the podium and weren’t CN. The idea was you had more time to focus on your solution and that you get more familiar with the pieces and where they belong.
In a later conversation I had with him about it he was like man that was silly of me and said he thinks dual cross is the minimum people should be using.