• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I might release the video today if VideoPad wants to work .
its fine. ZBF2L is a pain because i keep having the same case over and over and i cant get the one that i want to practice, but what can i do anyway. So dont worry.

I might release the video today if VideoPad wants to work .
oorrr VideoPad wants to work later.

UGHHH I NEED VIDEO

Last edited by a moderator:
@Nir1213 i know u have moved to cfop or 4lll atleast, but in the video u uploaded of u solving it in beginner method, where you rotate the bottom 2 layers to get to the slot to put the corner, i do the same, except i avg 25. :)

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
right now i think i got all the zbf2l algs, also found a GREAT trick from jperm to do cross and f2l at the same time, it will probably save 10 seconds or more,
all i need is an efficient way to do last layer, i take 20 - 30 seconds in that, hoping to do 10 - 15 seconds. :)
its not like i know zbf2l fluently i know them but i just take slow, so im just gonna keep cubing until the zbf2l algs become like muscle memory and i can be able to to execute it fast, which would save like 5 seconds.

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
right now i think i got all the zbf2l algs, also found a GREAT trick from jperm to do cross and f2l at the same time, it will probably save 10 seconds or more,
all i need is an efficient way to do last layer, i take 20 - 30 seconds in that, hoping to do 10 - 15 seconds. :)
its not like i know zbf2l fluently i know them but i just take slow, so im just gonna keep cubing until the zbf2l algs become like muscle memory and i can be able to to execute it fast, which would save like 5 seconds.
2 look oll+2 look pll and learn recognition which you can also do from jperm vids

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
2 look oll+2 look pll and learn recognition which you can also do from jperm vids
yea that might work but the zbf2l alg already covers the cross on top and i know sune and antisune which means that i only have to do 5 olls haha
but i have to learn all the plls EXCEPT i learned h perm for no reason already so haha only 5 plls
which means 10 algs i have to learn in total
btw i sometimes forget the zbf2l algs so i gotta practice those algs anyway

Skewb_Cube

yea that might work but the zbf2l alg already covers the cross on top and i know sune and antisune which means that i only have to do 5 olls haha
but i have to learn all the plls EXCEPT i learned h perm for no reason already so haha only 5 plls
which means 10 algs i have to learn in total
btw i sometimes forget the zbf2l algs so i gotta practice those algs anyway

If you learn and practice 4 look last layer, it will improve your times rapidly, then just do solves, don't rotate too much, and practice colour neutrality which will help in the long run.

Those zbF2L cases can be easily learned by just drilling the alg. For example, the first algorithm I just needed to rotate once (I think) and then I just spammed it and eventually the cube returned to it's solved state, you can also try this idea by doing the sexy move (R U R' U') 6 times.

ZB2op

Right now my avg is 1 min and 30 sec and my PB is 1 min and 12 sec. Practicing and Practicing, but my cube is trash, its a knock-off i think. Getting the mf3rs3m cube. Any tips and help are Welcome, just saying again. :)
Just practice

SpeedyCube

I would focus on learning as many PLL algorithms as you can, and learning to recognize quickly which one to apply. You could easily get your PLL time to less than 5 seconds. It just takes time to learn, and to recognize which one is needed. In other words, the more you practice, the better you’ll get!

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
I would focus on learning as many PLL algorithms as you can, and learning to recognize quickly which one to apply. You could easily get your PLL time to less than 5 seconds. It just takes time to learn, and to recognize which one is needed. In other words, the more you practice, the better you’ll get!
??
How do you learn pll at 1:15? 4LLL is the way to go.

SpeedyCube

??
How do you learn pll at 1:15? 4LLL is the way to go.

Yes, I agree that’s the way to go. But if memory serves correctly, 4LLL doesn’t include all the PLL algorithms. The more you can add to your tool box, the more options you have. You will eventually get faster, if for no other reason than that you can recognize more complex situations and cut out a middle step or two.

But yes, start with getting 4LLL down, and expand from there.