• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My progression thread, I guess. (Road to Sub-10 CFOP) | (Re)Learning PLL

Can I reach sub-15 by Summer 2022?

• Total voters

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, so this week, I’m setting a few goals:
Learn 1 PLL set a day.
Start with F2L algs
Try to take apart my cube for the first time
So, since I only have a few PLLs left ( A, F, G, R, E, V) I’m starting off with V perms, and then F, then E, then R, then A and G. Once I finish these from jperm.net, I’ll go to CubeSkills for F2L, then Z3Cubing for cube maintenance. Hope I can do these while studying for annual exams.
Remember you don’t have to have a set routine for everything, and that nothing should feel like a chore :)

YouTube
Visit Channel
So, as you all might not know, my cross to f2l is horrible. It takes me 5 seconds to build a cross, 1 second searching for a pair, 10 seconds insertion, 5 seconds OLL, and 7 seconds PLL. How do I improve this? I know I have to work on the cross, because my execution of cross is horrible, and I always focus on the centers while making a cross. And F2L? Should I learn Cross+1 or X-Cross now?

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, as you all might not know, my cross to f2l is horrible. It takes me 5 seconds to build a cross, 1 second searching for a pair, 10 seconds insertion, 5 seconds OLL, and 7 seconds PLL. How do I improve this? I know I have to work on the cross, because my execution of cross is horrible, and I always focus on the centers while making a cross. And F2L? Should I learn Cross+1 or X-Cross now?
Just focus on planning a good cross in inspection.
Do not focus on aligning every cross piece after solving them. Solve them relative to one another.
Try at least quad colour neutrality.
Cross+1 or X-Cross shouldn't be prioritized until sub 15.

Last edited:

Agam Chawla

Dont go for advanced stuff
Grind youre basics
learn easy Plls and Olls
Efficient F2l
Spam youre cross
AND JUST DONT FOCUS ON LOOKAHEAD UNTILL SUB 20 best tip ever

YouTube
Visit Channel
PLL is 99% done! The only thing that's left is the Gd Perm! And my cross is about 2 seconds on average! PLL is almost 3 seconds now and F2L is becoming better! Only question now is: what do I learn after full PLL? Oh and you should check out my channel as well! I'm finally getting into the spirit of near daily uploads!

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
PLL is 99% done! The only thing that's left is the Gd Perm! And my cross is about 2 seconds on average! PLL is almost 3 seconds now and F2L is becoming better! Only question now is: what do I learn after full PLL? Oh and you should check out my channel as well! I'm finally getting into the spirit of near daily uploads!
Keep practising, full OLL when you feel like it, drill F2L algs, maybe consider x cross.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think my 2 Look OLL is pretty fast, so I'm not prioritizing OLL until sub 20. I think yeah I should drill F2L algs, because Intuitive isn't cutting it anymore. But I think I'll take a break and focus on my studies because exams are coming soon... so I'll occasionally drill in my free time.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Mayday, mayday requesting help! Since I haven't touched my cube in a while, my parents let me take it out and solve with it for just a bit. Since it's almost been a week, I'm a bit.... rusty. My cross has again gone back up to 5 seconds. I can find a good cross solution, but I can't execute it fast. Also, F2L is better, about 9 seconds on average. But 2LOLL is now up at 7 seconds. And PLL is better, at 6. So on average I'm mostly getting those 28 second solves. How do I improve? Please help!

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Mayday, mayday requesting help! Since I haven't touched my cube in a while, my parents let me take it out and solve with it for just a bit. Since it's almost been a week, I'm a bit.... rusty. My cross has again gone back up to 5 seconds. I can find a good cross solution, but I can't execute it fast. Also, F2L is better, about 9 seconds on average. But 2LOLL is now up at 7 seconds. And PLL is better, at 6. So on average I'm mostly getting those 28 second solves. How do I improve? Please help!
I think just practise should help out. Drill some algs, particularly the 2LOLL ones. They’ll improve your alg execution and also help with cross TPS.

DNF_Cuber

sounds like cross is a rough patch. Work on the jperm videos on cross.

YouTube
Visit Channel
So. Exams where we have to write are over. Only MCQ option exams left. So my mom allowed me to clean my cube out with a toothbrush and a piece of cloth. I disassembled my cube for the VERY FIRST TIME, and cleaned it out. Now before this opportunity, my dad wouldn’t let me take the cube apart at all. The first time I took my Warrior W apart, my dad had to put everything in, BUT HE PUT IN THE CORNER LAST. It broke. I had to throw it away. RIP QiYi Warrior W. This time, I watched Z3Cubing’s vid and finally I put it back together. Satisfied. (WCA if you read this please add an event of disassembling a cube and putting it back together) Oh and also on Wednesday me and my friends are gonna have a cube race! There is one kid in my class who is sub-30 like me. The rest are all sub 1 minute. So wish me luck guys! It’s gonna be round based:

-Prelims
-Quarter finals
-Semi Finals
-Finals

YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright so I need help getting to sub-24. I've been hovering at the edge getting 23s and 24s sometimes 25s. I close. Yesterday, I got a full 23 average, and today I'm getting lots of PB averages. My F2L is fast, but sometimes it ends around like 16 seconds into a solve after 2.5 seconds cross. OLL needs some work, but PLL is ok. Lots of PB averaages today as well as a couple sub 20 solves. Please help!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-27 19.40.38.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-27 19.40.38.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 3