• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My progression thread, I guess. (Road to Sub-10 CFOP) | (Re)Learning PLL

Can I reach sub-15 by Summer 2022?

• Total voters
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yep, I'm doing it. I'm posting a progression thread. So like every week I'll post something on this thread which relates to my road to sub 10! To kick this off, I'll start by posting some times here:

Solve 1: 21.96 (PB!)
Solve 2: 27.31
Solve 3: 26.07
Solve 4: 27.42
Solve 5: 28.98
Average of 5: 26.93 (PB Average!)

I'm starting backslotting and dual color neutrality (on yellow side and white side) and then maybe some advanced F2L cases I'm having trouble on!

Last edited:

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yep, I'm doing it. I'm posting a progression thread. So like every week I'll post something on this thread which relates to my road to sub 10! To kick this off, I'll start by posting some times here:

Solve 1: 21.96 (PB!)
Solve 2: 27.31
Solve 3: 26.07
Solve 4: 27.42
Solve 5: 28.98
Average of 5: 26.93 (PB Average!)

I'm starting backslotting and dual color neutrality (on yellow side and white side) and then maybe some advanced F2L cases I'm having trouble on!
Whats with the free robux stuff bruh

anyway hope you achieve your goal!

Rubuscu

Your times are exactly the same as I get nowadays. Also the things you are planning to learn are also the same as mine. My PB was also 21 seconds some days ago. I also get roughly the same average of 5 as you got!

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I've been experimenting with different alg combos to shave some time off my solves, and turns out, I found some new ones for PLL. (Beginner-friendly, combines two algs.)

F Perm (One I use):
M2 U M2 U2 M2 U M2
R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F'

Ja Perm (One I use):
AUF so that Block is on left, Y Perm + T Perm solves)
F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F'

Should I keep using these combinations or should I switch to actually learning the algs?

So I've been experimenting with different alg combos to shave some time off my solves, and turns out, I found some new ones for PLL. (Beginner-friendly, combines two algs.)

F Perm (One I use):
M2 U M2 U2 M2 U M2

Ja Perm (One I use):
AUF so that Block is on left, Y Perm + T Perm solves)
F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F'

Should I keep using these combinations or should I switch to actually learning the algs?
Good job finding these combos, but they're no better, if not worst, than just two look PLL. You should probably learn actual PLL instead.

GScuber

I think you can definitely reach sub 15 by summer 2022 bc I've been cubing since 7 months and I average low 13's, obviously everyone is different and progresses at a different rythm but I definitely think you can make it! good luck

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
@WarriorCatCuber Yeah I thought so. But uhm... while learning PLL should I leave the G perms for last? I’m terrified by their diagrams.
well, they are the most common cases. I actually learned them before N perms but suit yourself. I would learn the most common cases first, then the less common cases. I learned, and would recommend learning in this order:
You probably already know (If you don’t then learn them now)
Ua
Ub
Y
Aa
Z
H
Then Learn these (in order)
Ab
T
Ja
Jb
Ra
Rb
F
Y
V
Ga
Gc
Gb
Gd
E
Na
Nb
The reason you don’t learn G perms alphabetically is because the Ga/Gc and Gb/Gd are just mirrors of each other. Also, learn good algs early on. Even though they might be harder to learn or finger trick right now, it will pay off in the long run.

Sledgehammer

well, they are the most common cases. I actually learned them before N perms but suit yourself. I would learn the most common cases first, then the less common cases. I learned, and would recommend learning in this order:
You probably already know (If you don’t then learn them now)
Ua
Ub
Y
Aa
Z
H
Then Learn these (in order)
Ab
T
Ja
Jb
Ra
Rb
F
Y
V
Ga
Gc
Gb
Gd
E
Na
Nb
The reason you don’t learn G perms alphabetically is because the Ga/Gc and Gb/Gd are just mirrors of each other. Also, learn good algs early on. Even though they might be harder to learn or finger trick right now, it will pay off in the long run.
Yes but I suppose that you would likely know the T perm before the A perm
And I recently learnt pll and do NOT use the M U U perms

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you want a one size fits all alg(for OH, Big cubes, FMC etc.) then learn the RU or RUS U perms bc MU sucks for OH, big cubes and FMC if you plan to do these in the future. Actually, using R2 U' S' U2 S U' R2 for Ua and R2 U R U R' U' R' U' R' U R' for Ub would be the "best combo" but choosing algs is just personal preferences ig

DNF_Cuber

If you want a one size fits all alg(for OH, Big cubes, FMC etc.) then learn the RU or RUS U perms bc MU sucks for OH, big cubes and FMC if you plan to do these in the future. Actually, using R2 U' S' U2 S U' R2 for Ua and R2 U R U R' U' R' U' R' U R' for Ub would be the "best combo" but choosing algs is just personal preferences ig
cuz S moves are so good for Big cubes :rolleyes: . Also the fastest OH method(Roux) has a lot of MU