• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My progression thread, I guess. (Road to Sub-10 CFOP) | (Re)Learning PLL

Can I reach sub-15 by Summer 2022?

• Total voters

DNF_Cuber

1) Ofc it's as true as the sun rising in the north
so are you saying you think S moves are good for big cubes?
If you want a one size fits all alg(for OH, Big cubes, FMC etc.) then learn the RU or RUS U perms bc MU sucks for OH, big cubes and FMC if you plan to do these in the future. Actually, using R2 U' S' U2 S U' R2 for Ua and R2 U R U R' U' R' U' R' U R' for Ub would be the "best combo" but choosing algs is just personal preferences ig
I think you can't have a one size fits all alg. MU, RU, and RUS are all pretty good for th (but RU is kinda too many moves) RU is probably best for OH and big cubes, though , and RUS is best for FMC

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
so are you saying you think S moves are good for big cubes?

I think you can't have a one size fits all alg. MU, RU, and RUS are all pretty good for th (but RU is kinda too many moves) RU is probably best for OH and big cubes, though , and RUS is best for FMC
Moral of the story: Don't be lazy while learning algs. Learn Roux if you can't get rid of alg learning laziness

Lol you didn't understand my meme.
(Clue: The sun never rises in the north)

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Yeah Roux is fast but it's based on M U moves, and I don't like those moves.
If you really want to get good at cubing, you have to get good at many different move sets. You can try to change your solving style (eg learning different algs) to fit your preferences, but you should at least be good at RU, RUF, RUL, and MU.

EDIT: RUD too.

Last edited:

ZB2op

F
If you want a one size fits all alg(for OH, Big cubes, FMC etc.) then learn the RU or RUS U perms bc MU sucks for OH, big cubes and FMC if you plan to do these in the future. Actually, using R2 U' S' U2 S U' R2 for Ua and R2 U R U R' U' R' U' R' U R' for Ub would be the "best combo" but choosing algs is just personal preferences ig
MU is only bad if you're trash at table abuse

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes I finally learned a PLL! The Na Perm! I’m going to knock out the N perms first, because they have the longest algs.
Whatever you are going to learn for Nb perm, ditch it and learn this alg:
r' D' F r U' r' F' D r2 U r' U' r' F r F'

Where lowercase r means turn both the right layers at once

Btw, gl on your progress :D

YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright so I’m on my quest to all PLL cases, but I want to make them mostly rotationless. So here are some of the algs I use as of now for 4 cases: Ja, Jb, Na and Nb.

Ja: AUF so that block is facing you. Alg: R’ U L’ U2 R U’ R’ U2 R r

Jb: R U R’ F’ R U R’ U’ R’ F R2 U’ R

Na: R U R’ U R U R’ F’ R U R’ U’ R’ F R2 U’ R U2 R U’ R’

Nb: R’ U R U’ R F’ U’ F R U R’ F R’ F’ R U’ R
Let me know what you think about these algs and if I should switch or not!

porkyp10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright so I’m on my quest to all PLL cases, but I want to make them mostly rotationless. So here are some of the algs I use as of now for 4 cases: Ja, Jb, Na and Nb.

Seems pretty standard, but why does your Ja perm end with an r instead of an L?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel

x R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U2 use this for Ja Perm. Looks quite wonky but really good properly executed

YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, so this week, I’m setting a few goals:
Learn 1 PLL set a day.
Start with F2L algs
Try to take apart my cube for the first time
So, since I only have a few PLLs left ( A, F, G, R, E, V) I’m starting off with V perms, and then F, then E, then R, then A and G. Once I finish these from jperm.net, I’ll go to CubeSkills for F2L, then Z3Cubing for cube maintenance. Hope I can do these while studying for annual exams.