• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Impossible quest (week 2)

moh_33

so you guys know that i'm on a quest to learn as much methods as i can to solve the 3x3.
after a week i have news.
i know know how to do "Corners first" and "Waterman (simplified version)"
also is waterman considered a speedsolving method?

methods that i have learned
=
beginners methods=
-LBL
-Corners first
speedsolving methods=
-CFOP
-Roux
-Petrus
-ZZ
other methods=
-Waterman (simplified version)

methods that i heard but dont know how to do=
-Maritan
-CFCE
-Snyder
-Heise
-LEOR

methods that im working on right now (can change)=
i need help on deciding what i'm going to work on...

so you guys know that i'm on a quest to learn as much methods as i can to solve the 3x3.
after a week i have news.
i know know how to do "Corners first" and "Waterman (simplified version)"
also is waterman considered a speedsolving method?

methods that i have learned=
beginners methods=
-LBL
-Corners first
speedsolving methods=
-CFOP
-Roux
-Petrus
-ZZ
other methods=
-Waterman (simplified version)

methods that i heard but dont know how to do=
-Maritan
-CFCE
-Snyder
-Heise
-LEOR

methods that im working on right now (can change)=
i need help on deciding what i'm going to work on...
Waterman is a pretty nice speedsolving method imo.
also, Maritan's LL is basically the same as CFCE, the only different thing is the F2L.
CFCE is where you do Cross, then F2L then for the LL, you solve all of the last layer corners first (CLL) then the last layer edges (CLL, then ELL)
Snyder Method 2 (or just Snyder) is where you make an XCross, then solve 2 more pairs, then for LSLL, well, you do kinda an alternate way of doing Heise's 5e + 2c step.
Heise is where you make pseudo blocks, (blocks that is one move away from being solved) and make 3 of those 1x2x2 pseudo blocks and while correcting them (i.e matching them to be solved) you simultaneously orient edges, then for F2L-1, (LSLL) you solve 5 edges and 2 corners intuitively then finish with a commutator.
LEOR is where you make a 1x2x3 blocks (First block like Roux) then solve DF DB edges and EO at the same time (EOStripe) then solve the right 1x2x3 block then do ZBLL (or any LL system, i.e COLL + EPLL).

Good luck on your quest!

P.S (don't make a new thread for a new week of your quest, just keep them in one thread.)