• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My first YJ cubes.

Humble Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I personally don't recommend the 4×4 , especially if you have a light turning style. Magnets are very strong and it pops very often.
Personally I have not really had an issue with it popping (both my stock MGC 4 and the Mystic MGC 4) Although I don't really think it has relatively strong magnets, or at least not super strong and weren't an issue for me, they were about the same strength as my other 4x4 so it was just fine. I do have more of a harsh turning style so it might just not bother me as much.

povlhp

My MGC Elite 2x2 was a bit too tight and needed loosening and fast lube to fit me.
4x4 - 7x7 were fine out of the box. 4x4 was the worst, a bit slower more sandy feeling. Gave a couple drops fast lube, and some break-in, and now it is good.
MGC 4x4 - 7x7 all have stronger magnets in center than outer layers. I like that, some don't. The YJ Zhilong Mini 4x4 and 5x5 have more even balanced magnets and are pretty good as well - but smaller. 4x4 is 56mm I think. But I use Roux, and slice moves, so MGC is perfect for that.

Rouxster

Maybe you are talking about it OOTB, because it is quite loose, and is pretty bad, but once you break it in, it is rlly good.
Mine is also broken in , I've used it for 10 months. I think it's all about personal preference. Mine pops a lot when it's looser and becomes really slow for me. when it's tighter

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I personally don't recommend the 4×4 , especially if you have a light turning style. Magnets are very strong and it pops very often.
I have really fast/kinda rough turning style. The 4x4 I am currently using is the Yuxin little magic.
My MGC Elite 2x2 was a bit too tight and needed loosening and fast lube to fit me.
4x4 - 7x7 were fine out of the box. 4x4 was the worst, a bit slower more sandy feeling. Gave a couple drops fast lube, and some break-in, and now it is good.
MGC 4x4 - 7x7 all have stronger magnets in center than outer layers. I like that, some don't. The YJ Zhilong Mini 4x4 and 5x5 have more even balanced magnets and are pretty good as well - but smaller. 4x4 is 56mm I think. But I use Roux, and slice moves, so MGC is perfect for that.
Well, I don't plan on getting the mgc elite 2x2, just getting the regular mgc.