• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Experience with specialtyspeedcubes.webs.com (Regisiew)

phases

Ok. So a few days ago I saw a thread by Regisiew talking about getting a new item in stock at his store. I ended up deciding to give him an chance and order an Eastsheen 2x2x2. I've wanted one for a little while now anyway and for under $10 shipped, I thought why not give him a shot. Worst case scenario I'm out ten bucks.

The site's okay, I didn't really look at any of it other than the store portion. As for the store.. At the moment it has very limited stock. But it had what I wanted to buy next so, worked for me.

Purchase was as simple as it gets. Added the item to my cart, hit "checkout", signed into PayPal and was done! Didn't make me sign up or anything. I would have probably liked some shipping options but it came in 3 days so whatever, I'm happy with that. I ordered Monday, it came today (Thursday).

Shortly after ordering I got a real nice email thanking me and letting me know I'd get my tracking number in a few minutes. I appreciated that.

Sadly though, I never got the tracking number. I emailed him yesterday and asked if he'd mailed the cube and didn't hear back. That's my only complaint.

It was wrapped in bubble wrap inside newspaper, good enough for me. I don't know if they are supposed to come in little cube boxes or not. This one didn't, was wrapped in cellophane.

Overall I'm satisfied enough to purchase again if he gets those Edisons back in stock. It came fast and at a good price. I don't know all the cubing stores inside and out but I think $10 shipped is probably pretty competitive. Packing was good. And unless someone looks at the pictures and screams "fake!!", I got what I ordered.

He asked me to do an unboxing video but that turned out pretty bad (sorry, I tried!) so here we are with this.

Attachments

Last edited:

phases

I'm interested in his Edisons myself, as I said, but also curious about the Joys. Hope he gets that stuff back in stock!

.....this 2x2x2 is pretty fun! I'm stuck with getting one layer done and doing an alg I finally figured out that manipulates the other layer but I'm unsure at the moment in what way exactly. Gunna see how long I can work on it before I go nuts and just look up a solve. :p

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
TellerWest
I'm interested in his Edisons myself, as I said, but also curious about the Joys. Hope he gets that stuff back in stock!

.....this 2x2x2 is pretty fun! I'm stuck with getting one layer done and doing an alg I finally figured out that manipulates the other layer but I'm unsure at the moment in what way exactly. Gunna see how long I can work on it before I go nuts and just look up a solve. :p

Now, now, just do your usual Fridrich as if the edges were still there even though they aren't.

Regisiew

I'm REALLY sorry about the tracking number, and not replying to your last email. I was at the beach for a short notice vacation, and got back yesterday. As for edison cubes, I have a translator now, and will be talking to my supplier soon.

phases

Now, now, just do your usual Fridrich as if the edges were still there even though they aren't.

The F2L? I've been trying hard to decipher and apply what you said. It's killing me. But alas, I shall not give up!

I'm REALLY sorry about the tracking number, and not replying to your last email. I was at the beach for a short notice vacation, and got back yesterday. As for edison cubes, I have a translator now, and will be talking to my supplier soon.

Holy whack, a short notice vacation to the beach!? How come I can't ever get one of those!

<napoleon>Lucky!</napoleon>

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
TellerWest

The F2L? I've been trying hard to decipher and apply what you said. It's killing me. But alas, I shall not give up!

Holy whack, a short notice vacation to the beach!? How come I can't ever get one of those!

<napoleon>Lucky!</napoleon>

Sorry, hopefully I didn't misunderstand you in the first place...once you get one layer, you're done with "F2L" since there's no middle layer. Just do OLL (Sunes and such) and then whatever PLL you use. The only wacky thing is recognition--the cases look a little funny with the edges missing.

Regisiew

Oh yea, and also, since people have been telling me to add shipping options, I will be doing that soon.