• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Quest to Get Good (Week 2)|Looking for Thread Name Ideas

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
This is my personal progress thread where I will share all of my cubing achievements.

Progress:
N/A

Goals for next week:
- Learn a couple more dot OLLs
- Learn new Ja and V perms
- Do at least 2x2-5x5 and all of the side events in the Weekly Comp, just to get a little competition-like practice
Progress:
- Learned new Ja and V perms

Goals for next week:
- Learn 3 more dot OLLs
- Do at least 2x2-5x5 and all of the side events in the Weekly Comp, just to get a little competition-like practice

Last edited:

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Doing M2 U M2 U2 M2 U M2 is better unless you're a lefty

Do you have the solved side facing you?
Yes.
It depends on what fingers you use to do M’. I use my right hand, so to avoid regripping, U’ is better. If you use left hand for M’, U is better.
Yes, that is what I do.

brododragon

My hands are yet to be adult size, so when I reach down to do M’, I can’t quite stretch enough to perform a U smoothly.
Try using your middle finger instead of your ring finger, it's easier on the hands.
Actually that is what I do, but it’s still not enough :(. And M2 requires ring finger...
I use a GTS3M and it's eay to do m, m' and m2 and my hands arent big and it's really smooth to do u after
And then you've got me with hands so big I can't record from the side.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I am going to start posting weekly example solves on this thread for criticism. These solves would be pretty close to what I would do in a speedsolve. I know most PLLs (not E and the Gs) and I know about 1/3 of OLLs. I use intuitive F2L. Here is the first solve:

Scramble: R' B2 U2 R' B2 R2 F2 U2 L' D2 R2 B' U L' F L' F2 R B R'
Inspection: x2 y' (yellow top, orange front)
Cross: U' F L' D F' L2 R' (cancel into 1st pair)
1st Pair: U' R'
2nd Pair: y (yellow top, blue front) U' L U L'
3rd Pair: y (yellow top, red front) U' L' U' L
4th Pair: y (yellow top, green front) L' U L U y' (yellow top, red front) R U R'
OLL: U F U R U' R' F'
PLL: U R' U L' U2 R U' R' U2 R L U2

WCA
2019HENK01
First of all I would recommend doing real speedsolves and reconstruct those.
z2 R2 F' D R' F is a much better cross, 2 moves less and better to finger trick and therefore a lot faster
(cancel into 1st pair)
I seriously doubt you inspected the first pair so it is very impressive that you are able to see such things coming up, change your grip and insert it right away.
not much to say about 2nd and 3rd pair
4th Pair: y (yellow top, green front) L' U L U y' (yellow top, red front) R U R'
probably the weakest part of this solve
some better alternatives:
y L' U L U F U F' (avoiding the 2nd rotation+easy to cancel into OLL)
or
y L' U' L F' L F L' // 4th Pair
then U' L F' L' U' L U F U' L' Y-Perm or (if you don't like the 1st alg) U' F R U R' U' F' R' U' R U' R' U2 R Ja-Perm
or
U' F' U' F U' R U R' // 4th Pair
U' M U R U R' U' M' R' F R F' U // LL
or
R' F R F' U2 R U R' // 4th Pair
U2 R U2 R2 F R F' R U2 R' Rb-Perm
LL is fine but it is kinda weird that you do R L U2 to end the J-Perm, L R U2 is what I do (better imo)

Last edited:

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I am going to start posting weekly example solves on this thread for criticism. These solves would be pretty close to what I would do in a speedsolve. I know most PLLs (not E and the Gs) and I know about 1/3 of OLLs. I use intuitive F2L. Here is the first solve:

Scramble: R' B2 U2 R' B2 R2 F2 U2 L' D2 R2 B' U L' F L' F2 R B R'
Inspection: x2 y' (yellow top, orange front)

I've got one thing to tell you: F moves aren't going to poison you. With decent finger tricks, doing F U F' is wayyy faster than y' R U R'. That's basically the only thing I have to say