• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My cube fals apart... HELP PLEASE!

dieguito

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum.
First of all, I would like to apologize if i'm posting this on the wrong section of the forum (which i'm most likely doing so)...
I'm having a problem with my cube.
The yellow side seems to be having a problem.
When you turn the yellow side, the screw that's on the center piece, either screws itself or unscrews itself.
and by that i mean if I turn it clockwise, then it screws itself and if I turn it counter clockwise then it unscrews itself, making the cube to fall apart.
I tried to fix this as hard as I could but I had no results.
I made a video of it so that you guys could understand better, what is going on.
Here it is:

Thanks for taking the time to read the whole thread and I would like to apologize for any grammatical mistake you may find in this thread.
Regards from Argentina.

Last edited by a moderator:

unirox13

Sounds to me like you're core is stripped. Basically the core has a hole that the screw on each side screws into. The threads inside that hole have been stripped. It's fixable, but you may be better off just buying a new core. I recommend a Cube for You core and spring set http://www.cubedepotusa.com/apps/webstore/products/category/338463.

If you'd rather just fix it you could try a little drop of either glue or locktite in the hole of the core and then threading the screw into it.

Hope that helps.

dieguito

Dude, THANKS for the reply!
What you say makes a whole lot of sense!
I will try that out.
I wouldn't buy another core... I'd just rather buy another cube, but as long as it's fixable then I'm going to do my best to fix it.
Seriousely, THANK YOU!

kpcube

Unless you want a new cube just buy a core its like $4.25 when its all said and done where as a new cube is like $13-15. Anyway same thing happened to my GuHong no biggy easy fix.