• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] My absolutely terrible first 7x7x7 sim solve.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
qqwref2
That's actually not too bad for your first 7x7sim solve. You'll get a lot faster in successive solves. Apart from the last two centers, the only thing I suggest changing is to get used to making edges one orbit at a time - I use handshifts of 1,3/3,1 for the inner orbit, and then 1,2/2,1 for the outer orbit. So that way I can do all of the edges with only x rotations.

JonnyWhoopes

Premium Member
WCA
2011GRAY02
YouTube
JonnyWhoopes
That's actually not too bad for your first 7x7sim solve. You'll get a lot faster in successive solves. Apart from the last two centers, the only thing I suggest changing is to get used to making edges one orbit at a time - I use handshifts of 1,3/3,1 for the inner orbit, and then 1,2/2,1 for the outer orbit. So that way I can do all of the edges with only x rotations.
How do you set separate handshifts for wide turns? The only way I know how to handshift makes it 2,3|3,2.