• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] My 4x4x4 Multi BLD 3/3

Chuck

WCA
2009ADIW01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Second Attempt!
(I thought I would have it successful at 7th or 8th
attempt! Good GOD. The first ended with 1/3)

Memorization: 32 minutes
(Letter pair/Image based/Roman rooms)

Execution: 47 minutes
(My bad, I'm still very slow)

Total time: 1 hour 19 minutes
(This video is long, you may want to skips)

It's my 6th months in cubing & 3rd months in BLD cubing.
Multi BLD & Big Cubes BLD is so much fun.

Thanks a lot for watching this.
Any comment would be wonderful to me!

Dedicated to Mike Hughey, Virkill, Marten Smit, Brian Yu, & special to Crazycubemom.
Also thanks for Iway & Andy (Jogja Cuber) for the second & third Eastsheen cubes.

Now I can finally go to my first competition,
INDONESIAN OPEN 2009, with confidence!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congratulations Chuck. I don't know of anyone else that has only been cubing for such a short time and can do this! Great reaction indeed

It really is too bad that http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=IndonesianOpen2009 will only be 1 day. Hopefully there will be another Indonesian tournament in the future so you can do 444bf there.

I guess you will do slightly more then 3 cubes for 333mbf ;)

See you in 3 weeks

Chuck

WCA
2009ADIW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you everyone for all the comments. I'm sorry I can't reply each one. But I really appreciate those so much. This makes me more confident for my first competition :) Thank you.

Hopefully there will be another Indonesian tournament in the future so you can do 444bf there. I guess you will do slightly more then 3 cubes for 333mbf ;) See you in 3 weeks

Absolutely. All of us, Indonesian Cubers, never expect that Indonesian Open 2009 will be the first and the last official tournament in this country :) There will be more to come.

Oh I can't wait the August 30th.

Well done man, good work:)

Wow, even Dennis Strehlau :eek: Thank you so much.
You're videos are my inspiration in big cubes multi BLD!
I hope someday I can do another big cubes BLD relay too :p

I really don't know how you manage it. Respect.

Thanks :) For me big cubes multi BLD is fun, but also exhausting. It's not because the 150 items to memorize (only about as much as 10 3x3x3 cubes multi BLD), it can be handled easily by image based and roman rooms. The painful part is the center commutator. My intuition is still bad. And the most thrilling part is when we solving the edge and corners!! To think that if we messed up on that part, would make our efforts in solving the centers in vain.

But I believe there's NO SUCH THING as "in vain" in BLD.
It's just about THE PROCESS OF LEARNING :)

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congratulations on the multi attempt, especially for three 4x4s! It is especially impressive that you have only been BLD cubing for such a short time! Good luck on all your future crazy big cube multi attempts ;-)

Chris

calekewbs

WCA
2011PUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Man, I must say, I've been cubing for almost a year and BLD for about two months, I only have like 5 or so successful 3x3 BLD solves... I've got a good feeling about you.

Chuck

WCA
2009ADIW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks all, especially Chris Hardwick :)

My first attempt on 5x5x5 BLD last night (8/9/2009).

7 + centers and 2 x centers were wrong. Few tredges were also misplaced, but somehow they're paired. Could have been wrong setups. Unfortunately the cube was randomly scrambled by my friend, so I can't do 2nd attempt on this same scramble. Memorization took me about 45 minutes, it's still hard to plan the + centers. Now I realized that 5x5x5 BLD has almost the same amount of items to memorize like two 4x4x4 cubes.

This video didn't really worth watching, even I didn't enjoyed watching this. My friends in this video have more entertaining value than me.

But I'm sure that a failure is merely a delayed success.
Next time I'll do BETTER!

Last edited by a moderator: