• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Music] Metal thread \m/

MalusDB

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I'm absolutely loving this band, and I was just wondering what all you guys think of them.

Also metal music appreciation thread, share your favourite bands, etc, but try and keep it specifically metal :)

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mastodon sounds quite nice yes :tu :D

I'm a huge fan of Killswitch Engage, and I also listen to Five Finger Death Punch and Lost Eden a lot as well. At worlds Henrik got me started on Volbeat now too :)

Metal is quite nice for BLD cubing in my opinion, and sometimes also for speedcubing.

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess I'm more of a "hard rock" (not sure if that would be the correct term) fan than a true heavy metal fan. I mean, I like the usual: Avenged Sevenfold, the Big 4 (as in Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax), Testament, and that sort of stuff. Although, I'm not a huge fan of the screamo bands, like Lamb of God. I don't really find it appealing to have the lyrics screamed unintelligibly into my ears.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I like that me too

I love jazz, classic opera and rock. I saw Metallica in 1984.

A band that made history is ELP

First experimentation moog
First drum synthesizer experience

super virtuoso band and my inspiration with the cube

Look this video in 1973 on the band ELP .....

The sound isn't good OLD VIDEO but....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJLYakYxa2k

------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Zombie music and rubik's cube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh5miheTXjQ

GG

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haven't tried Mastodon.

These days, I listen almost exclusively to Devin Townsend, former lead singer/songwriter for Strapping Young Lad. He is up there with Prince and Danny Elfman, IMO, but with metal DNA.

Devin Townsend rules all galaxies!
rock.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

masteranders1

WCA
2011BOGA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Me gusta Mastodon. I've been listening to The Black Dahlia Murder a ton recently. I'm also a fan of Slipknot, Korn, Killswitch Engage, and Slayer as well. Probably a ton of other ones I don't remember off the top of my head.

avgdi

WCA
2011VAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've only listened to Mastadon's "Crack the Skye" album. I really liked it though.

Pretty much all I listen to is "metal" (the reason I put metal in paratheses is because I hate genre nazi's and I include all the sub genres of metal/hardcore under the metal category.) My favorite bands are Despised Icon, Chelsea Grin and I Declare War.

Jokerman5656

Catch Me If You Can
WCA
2009BRAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I really like to listen to Tool while cubing cause the songs don't have too much for words and are good tunes to listen to. The only reason i don't want the words is because i start to say them and get messed up solving

Cool Frog

So I'm absolutely loving this band, and I was just wondering what all you guys think of them.

Also metal music appreciation thread, share your favourite bands, etc, but try and keep it specifically metal :)

Read title and started clapping. then thought about suggesting Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend when suddenly

Haven't tried Mastodon.

These days, I listen almost exclusively to Devin Townsend, former lead singer/songwriter for Strapping Young Lad. He is up there with Prince and Danny Elfman, IMO, but with metal DNA.

Devin Townsend rules all galaxies!
rock.gif

Some other bands I find interesting, Cavalera conspiracy, Gojira,(tis old but, Megadeth), and Scars on Broadway.

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mainly metalcore. With Life in Mind, It Prevails, We Came as Romans and Saints never Surrender come to mind. Shai Hulud and HSB are also good. I usually listen to chiptune stuff when I need a break from metal though.

EDIT

Nearly forgot Parkway Drive. Best band ever IMO. Australia's finest!

Last edited by a moderator:

MalusDB

YouTube
Visit Channel
Kalmah, Insomnium, Be'lakor, Children of Bodom, Meshuggah, Behemoth, Wintersun
Awesome band. Their earlier stuff was better, but thats not to say the new stuff is bad! I think that CoB get more hype than they deserve personally. Still good though.

Gunnar

WCA
2004KRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
NECROPHAGIST

Amen to that! Necrophagist's riffs are among the most creative I've heard. Fermented Offal Discharge is a favourite. (Yeah, I know, tha song title is pretty silly :p)

I'm generally a fan of progressive/creative/weird metal, such as Meshuggah, Dillinger Escape Plan, Opeth and Blotted Science.

Also, you guys have to look up Protest The Hero! :)