• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Multiblindfold Discussion (PBs, Successes, Fails)

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
17/20 in 55:35[35:26]. Soo Happy I sub houred (with quite some time left) Didn't expect it to be this fast. 1 min exec/ cube which is on the slower side of average but I used many comms which I usually skip over from chickening out. Glad to see I didn't mess any up, only forgot a move in undoing setup. One tracking error resulting in 2 twisted corners. One exec error on Cube 1, few edges. Will probably dwell around 17-21 on big attempts for now, do some 11 cube attempts to expand my n/n results, which is like accuracy practice so why not. I'm beginning to think having a 1:30 3bld average might stop me from getting very fast at mbld, obviously 3 style is probably something I should start thinking about and focusing on more, and for memo I guess I can just stick to practicing multi and trying to memo more cubes before reviewing etc..

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay so I am back again. Recently school started up and I kinda got busy with that, obviously couldn't do 5 or 6 mbld attempts each week and kept to like 1 or 2. Around the same time I started getting very bad solves, like 5/10, a 3 pointer, 4 pointer. This week Tuesday I started again and decided to do an attempt every day besides for Mondays. Obviously some days I would skip out if I don't have time, but that was the goal anyway. Again I got bad results, finally an okay 10/12 which was quite slow. Then the following day an 11/17 with many different errors. Maybe I am stressing myself because there are now others going after the same record as I am. Or, like a friend of mine suggested, the dip in the learning curve.
Anyway, pointless story over.

I did back-to-back MBLD attempts today, in total using all my rooms. I did a 14 cube attempt first and then 13. It was a fun experience and the results were actually not totally all that bad.
11/14 in 36:56[22:55] with small errors (can't remember them all atm)
10/13 in 34:10[22:03] with multiple errors on each cube. Cube 1: memo'd corners incorrectly, did a comm wrong, recalled 2 edge pairs out of order; Cube 11: forgot to entirely undo setup moves on corners and recalled 2 pairs out of order; Cube 13: possibly an inverse comm or exec error

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
17/20 in 54:45[36:49]
PB3 atm. Very happy with the result. Despite being so late at night, I feel I did very well and even though memo was slower than my previous 20 cube attempt by 80 seconds, I managed to execute 2 minutes faster(have been avging 50 for exec for the last week)

Also now have 4 or 5 consecutive MBLD results that have been 12 or more pts, meaning I sub-AfR'ed 4 or 5 MBLD's in a row. Very happy, just need to get a comp and officially get the record now...

zman

13/16 in 48:33.23[31:55.29]

3rd 16 cube attempt. Not a great amount of points but I'm really happy with the time. Sub 2 memo per cube and almost sub 1 exec per cube, 12 minutes faster than my previous 16 cube attempt, and close to my pb of 11/12 in 44 min.

do yall think I can get 20 Points without comms?

Yes, however its recommended to learn commutators right away

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
do yall think I can get 20 Points without comms?

If you can execute each cube in about 1 minute then you should be fine, especially if you memo quite fast and can memo 20 cubes sub 35. Though, LEARN 3-Style. Heheh

13/16 in 48:33.23[31:55.29]

3rd 16 cube attempt. Not a great amount of points but I'm really happy with the time. Sub 2 memo per cube and almost sub 1 exec per cube, 12 minutes faster than my previous 16 cube attempt, and close to my pb of 11/12 in 44 min.
Woah, we like so close to the same speed. I am now sub 2 /cube for memo and exec has suddenly dropped to sub 55/50. When did you start multi-BLDing?

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
15/17 in 49:02[32:00]
Not very happy since I had to review over again because I kept forgetting memo, struggled through exec aswell to recall.
Still a massively good result, being sub AfR and all, but didn't feel good at all, obviously slow too because of forgetting memo and wasting many time on reviews

zman

Woah, we like so close to the same speed. I am now sub 2 /cube for memo and exec has suddenly dropped to sub 55/50. When did you start multi-BLDing?

I started doing BLD in february and did my first mbld 5/5 in early april. i did an 8/10 late april then i didnt cube for like 1.5 months lol. got an 11/12 in june, took another break, then started doing 16 cube attempts in late july. still havent beaten the 11/12 but im getting there :p. im probably gonna work on getting my 3 style faster than my m2/op before i do more cubes

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I started doing BLD in february and did my first mbld 5/5 in early april. i did an 8/10 late april then i didnt cube for like 1.5 months lol. got an 11/12 in june, took another break, then started doing 16 cube attempts in late july. still havent beaten the 11/12 but im getting there :p. im probably gonna work on getting my 3 style faster than my m2/op before i do more cubes
Goodness that's fast. I've been doing multi since January, only started doing bld more often in January but could do it last year sometime. I am learning corner 3 style atm and using Orozco currently. The speed you have gotten this far is insane...

zman

Goodness that's fast. I've been doing multi since January, only started doing bld more often in January but could do it last year sometime. I am learning corner 3 style atm and using Orozco currently. The speed you have gotten this far is insane...

thanks! how far are you through 3 style corners?

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
thanks! how far are you through 3 style corners?
Well, The PB List link in my signature has a tab for it and you'll see all of them I know so far, although about 10 or so aren't filled in yet. I'm kind of trying my own things like when I'm at school and then if I find something bad over and over, I'll use the alg from Graham's list. Or I just learn them off there. Don't do cancellations yet which means I would do R U':[R' D R, U2] a U3 here in the end, but that I will sort out later. I know 4 letters of edges