• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Multiblindfold Discussion (PBs, Successes, Fails)

jronge94

WCA
2014RONG01
Finally! A PB on Multi! For some reason it is so hard for me to get 100% on these small numbers.

9/9 in 30:52[20:12]

When I get another 2 or 3 9/9's I will move on to 10. Kinda sad how short this takes me but I fail 100% on it lol.

I don't see any reason to not immediatly go for let's say 15 cubes. You're fast enough. And it's nice to push yourself, by doing bigger attempts you'll by default also increase accuracy on smaller attempts.
Getting N/N before moving on is just holding you back. Remember that eg 13/15 will get you a better score at a comp than 10/10

Disclaimer: this is an opinion

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haha Yeah thanks. I do often do bigger attempt. I did an ao5 this week with a 14, 10 and 9 cube attempt. Sometimes I do 12. Also did a 20 cube before but didnt sub hour(didnt think i would anyway just wanted to see the result, was 16/20 1:30:xy)

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Multi-BLD fail
11/18 in 57:58[39:59]
Cube 4: recalled IM TH DF SK instead of TH ID DF SK
Cube 6: swapped two letter pairs around again. realised like 10 mins later and after finishing my other cubes I came back to it and probably messed up a bit whilst reversing and fixing; 3e
Cube 9: BD edge flipped.. Didn't see it.
Cube 11: an exec error somewhere and LF flipped from start; 3e
Cube 12: some inverse comm somewhere, 3c
Cube 16: it fell off the table... while I was picking up cube 15.... oof, second time dropping a cube. Will not make this mistake again soon.
Cube 18: 3bld cube and I probs twisted wrong or I missed in memo or something

Think all the exec mistakes are because of the insane speed I was going so I could sub hour. avg exec per cube is just just over a minute.
Memo errors are stupid idk why I miss flips now so much.. 3 in this attempt.

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
okayy, no one posts anything here so I will go ahead and post my Multi-BLD attempt I just finished.
13/15 in 41:41[25:18] (a minute faster than yesterday's 11/13)
Errors:
Cube 5: some exec error. Can be solved with [S', U2] which isnt a 3 style comm with UF so Idk what happened lol.
Cube 15: 3bld cube, also exec, 3c
no memo or tracing errors! despite memo'ing so damn fast (besides one I found while reviewing)

Definitely a massive improvement recently. 15 days ago I did an 11/14 in 54 mins (was a bit slower than usually) but in two weeks I improved greatly.
Seeing as I only started multi-BLD this year, and only started being serious in about mid February, I think I have progressed quite quickly and can't wait to see what I accomplish in the next half year. As soon as I get a good result with 18 cubes, I will start trying to sub hour 20 cubes. My goal is to sub hour 25 cubes by the end of this year, but I think that will come sooner than I expected when I set this goal a while ago.

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just started doing BLD, so I try and do MBLD as well. I can to BLD in around 6 minutes, but because you only have ten minutes per cube in multi blind, I am limited to only 20 minutes when I try two cubes. For some reason this throws me off, and I am always still on memo at about 15 minutes, and I am not the fastest at execution, so I usually ditch the second cube and get 1 out of two, so that's still my PB. Im doing one attempt per week, just in the weekly forum competition.

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just started doing BLD, so I try and do MBLD as well. I can to BLD in around 6 minutes, but because you only have ten minutes per cube in multi blind, I am limited to only 20 minutes when I try two cubes. For some reason this throws me off, and I am always still on memo at about 15 minutes, and I am not the fastest at execution, so I usually ditch the second cube and get 1 out of two, so that's still my PB. Im doing one attempt per week, just in the weekly forum competition.
1/2 is considered a DNF for the reason that someone can just do 3bld and ignore the other. 2/4 or 28/56 is considered 0 points (number solved minus number of DNFs) which counts as a sucess, but not 1/2.

Clément B.

WCA
2018BURG13
I want to get into MBLD, but I'd rather have all the same cubes.
Should I get something like the little magic, the meilong or is anything better ?
What would you recommend ?

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
IMO i would pick between Meilong MF3RS1 or YLM. Depends on preference and price since Meilongs are cheaper by a bit compared to the rest. Especially if you buy a lot then the difference is quite big. So yeah, whatever you prefer between those. I execute 3 style algs fine with ylm and mf3rs1. Don't have Meilong.

I prefer the Yuxin Little magic over both of those, even though it is a little bit pricier. I would get them off the cubicle when they are on sale for 2.99 each. The Meilong is too uncontrollable for me, and I don't like the MF3RS.