• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Multiblindfold Discussion (PBs, Successes, Fails)

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
UC9YN9Yu6lFhffWkrX5D
Again 18/20 Multi-Blind but in 50:18[33:14]
Memo was better, as was exec. I'm still happy because last night was my first 18/20 so this is cool to get my second. Errors were memoing AU instead of UA lol. and the other was undoing setup moves incorrect on UFR-RBU-DFL.
Don't know if I'll do this for comp, it is between 19 and 20 now, have just under 2 weeks to decide..

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
UC9YN9Yu6lFhffWkrX5D
Well, it is I again.
19/20 Multi-BLD PB in 52:12[34:03]
My second ever 19/20, got the other one a few days ago, I believe my previous attempt at that.
This one is faster by a minute.
Also sub-5 on memo + review 1-4 PB.
Error is dumb and on the weirdest cube too. There were a total of 7 edge letters, no kidding. IH WU MV H but the H was supposed to be an F. I feel very stupid that I did this one the easiest cube to memo. It was the 18th cube but still lol.

Competition in 7 days. Nervous, with good reason, but I just need to chill and pretend that I'm doing an attempt at home. Feeling okay to do 20 but slightly wondering if time will be an issue..

WCA
2019HENK01
I just did a MultiBLD attempt: 6/7 in 56:03 (actually really slow)
It was my first bigger MultiBLD attempt in like 5 months (usually 2 cubes on weekly comp where I somehow always dnf)
Unfortunately I made a dumb mistake. On my 3BLD I didn't memo my last edge target but knew the piece and guessed the wrong sticker, off by 2 FE
Still happy about that result, PB is 5/5 in around 47min. This attempt had potential but I'll break that PB next time (hopefully).

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
UC9YN9Yu6lFhffWkrX5D
Okay so my school finished up for the year and I have about 1.75 months left until 10th Grade starts (joy!) and so after basically taking a month break from multi (still did weeklies and 1 or two others) I have decided to jump back fully into practice. I want to start by putting 2 memo rooms into one physical room, since using 1 is making it very hard to get more rooms. Still learning 3 style, corners done but still unsteady and not always fully committed. Edges are progressing but I've got a long way to go still. That I wish to complete learning by the end of 2019 and hopefully fully advance to using 3 style for 3bld. This hopefully will speed up multi exec by a lot so that I can memo more cubes. With practice I believe my memo will also quickly drop and I can fit more cubes into the hour. Ultimately I've set the goal to subhour 42 cubes by the end of 2020. This seems very hard, because I can currently do half of that in 50 minutes. So we shall see what happens, if I don't reach it, I won't be far off and will reach it early 2021!

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
UC9YN9Yu6lFhffWkrX5D
I use one room for one cube, or did, before I changed to 2 per physical room. So basically I have 3 locations in each room, 2 for edges and 1 for corners. Group letters into pairs and then into images which consist of 4 letter pairs. So one full location will be used for edges plus another half or so of the other location, and corners will fill its own location.