• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Multiblindfold Discussion (PBs, Successes, Fails)

PingPongCuber

WCA
2018AMSB02
I just started doing BLD, so I try and do MBLD as well. I can to BLD in around 6 minutes, but because you only have ten minutes per cube in multi blind, I am limited to only 20 minutes when I try two cubes. For some reason this throws me off, and I am always still on memo at about 15 minutes, and I am not the fastest at execution, so I usually ditch the second cube and get 1 out of two, so that's still my PB. Im doing one attempt per week, just in the weekly forum competition.

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
UC9YN9Yu6lFhffWkrX5D
I just started doing BLD, so I try and do MBLD as well. I can to BLD in around 6 minutes, but because you only have ten minutes per cube in multi blind, I am limited to only 20 minutes when I try two cubes. For some reason this throws me off, and I am always still on memo at about 15 minutes, and I am not the fastest at execution, so I usually ditch the second cube and get 1 out of two, so that's still my PB. Im doing one attempt per week, just in the weekly forum competition.
1/2 is considered a DNF for the reason that someone can just do 3bld and ignore the other. 2/4 or 28/56 is considered 0 points (number solved minus number of DNFs) which counts as a sucess, but not 1/2.

1/2 is not considered a success because the event is multi blind and you haven't solved multiple cubes blindfolded also when doing at home attempts you can go over the time limit to practice

Clément B.

WCA
2018BURG13
I want to get into MBLD, but I'd rather have all the same cubes.
Should I get something like the little magic, the meilong or is anything better ?
What would you recommend ?

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
UC9YN9Yu6lFhffWkrX5D
IMO i would pick between Meilong MF3RS1 or YLM. Depends on preference and price since Meilongs are cheaper by a bit compared to the rest. Especially if you buy a lot then the difference is quite big. So yeah, whatever you prefer between those. I execute 3 style algs fine with ylm and mf3rs1. Don't have Meilong.

I prefer the Yuxin Little magic over both of those, even though it is a little bit pricier. I would get them off the cubicle when they are on sale for 2.99 each. The Meilong is too uncontrollable for me, and I don't like the MF3RS.

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
UC9YN9Yu6lFhffWkrX5D
17/20 in 55:35[35:26]. Soo Happy I sub houred (with quite some time left) Didn't expect it to be this fast. 1 min exec/ cube which is on the slower side of average but I used many comms which I usually skip over from chickening out. Glad to see I didn't mess any up, only forgot a move in undoing setup. One tracking error resulting in 2 twisted corners. One exec error on Cube 1, few edges. Will probably dwell around 17-21 on big attempts for now, do some 11 cube attempts to expand my n/n results, which is like accuracy practice so why not. I'm beginning to think having a 1:30 3bld average might stop me from getting very fast at mbld, obviously 3 style is probably something I should start thinking about and focusing on more, and for memo I guess I can just stick to practicing multi and trying to memo more cubes before reviewing etc..