• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Moyu Weilong v3? Moyu AoLong

YouTube
Visit Channel
I really needed an new Weilong.
But why would they change the name. If it was an upgrade it would be v3 right?
I think it is a new release by Moyu
Nonetheless, I will but it for review :D

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't really see enough similarities to the Weilong to deem this a "v3". I'm a little surprised that's how it's being advertised. Those are big shoes to fill.

In contrast to the Dianma, instead of the edges being thinner than the corners, the edges seem a tad WIDER than the corners. Or maybe that's just the angle of the picture?

And yes, the corners do resemble a Zhanchi, but only around the base. The stalks actually remind me of a Lunhui quite a bit. Just with that middle anti-pop ridge being a bit rounder.

Overall I don't see anything that makes me think this will perform any better than the Weilong. I do love buying new 3x3's though :p

Last edited:

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't really see enough similarities to the Weilong to deem this a "v3". I'm a little surprised that's how it's being advertised. Those are big shoes to fill.

In contrast to the Dianma, instead of the edges being thinner than the corners, the edges seem a tad WIDER than the corners. Or maybe that's just the angle of the picture?

And yes, the corners do resemble a Zhanchi, but only around the base. The stalks actually remind me of a Lunhui quite a bit. Just with that middle anti-pop ridge being a bit rounder.

Overall I don't see anything that makes me think this will perform any better than the Weilong. I do love buying new 3x3's though :p
The edges don't look wider to me. I think it was just the angle.

Nuster

WCA
2012BALT01
It looks as if this weilong(or should I say Aolong) is slightly more similar to a zhanchi(with the corners reminding me a bit of a lunhui).
I'm curious of how it will perform.

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
the only thing that I can see that is different from the weilong is the torpedose are a very slightly different shape
Take a second look at those corner stalks. On the Weilong, they're a fatter, more rounded shape... which I think helped it be more smooth. These are more rigged... seems to be more for anti-pop like on the Lunhui.

WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Take a second look at those corner stalks. On the Weilong, they're a fatter, more rounded shape... which I think helped it be more smooth. These are more rigged... seems to be more for anti-pop like on the Lunhui.
i guess so, but it's not as though it needs any more anti popping stuff. my weilong has never popped and i've had it for at least half a year.

Want to hide this ad and support the community?