• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MoYu Weilong prototype unboxing

Applecow

WCA
2010LEHM02
i tested one too today. a friend got his prototype. he collected it on the way to a shopping center where we met, so we had no stuff except for the stuff in the package (screwdriver..) i stickered and lubed it and it's pretty nice but MUCH TOO FAST with the tension it came. nice CC and reverse CC though and it never locks up. mine will be on the way soon :)

Lagom

Thanks, nicely done, but in my opinion it's not very interesting to see a cube thats not properly lubed... Its like showing off a new car without doors :p

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks, nicely done, but in my opinion it's not very interesting to see a cube thats not properly lubed... Its like showing off a new car without doors :p
Yeah I know what you mean. But I was 15 hours away for work and really wanted to make a small video. This weekend I will take the cube apart and also lube the core.
Mine is about an hour away (according to the tracking number) so I'll probably get it tomorrow. Can't wait to get it
I'll be posting my video tomorrow if I get it tomorrow.
Ok, I will be looking out for that!
Thanks for the video. I haven't bought cubes for awhile. I'm waiting for all the new cubes to come out and see which one(s) I will choose. So far Weilong looks like it could be promising.
I will recommend Weilong to anyone. The HuangYing and Fangshi are required taste cubes. You like them or you don't. I suspect you will like the HuangYing a lot since it is smaller. I know you like your 55 mm. The HuangYing is only 7 dollars or so at Wallbuys. I hope you will try one as well.. ;)

Masimosir

Looks like a great cube ! wish the official version of wei long can be release sooner

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, update: I have been using the cube for two days. It's the best cube I have ever had. The feeling is between a real smooth Dayan Zhanchi and a Fangshi Shuan Ren. But then slightly better. Better then the Zhanchi because is has no lock ups and better then the Fangshi because it turns much lighter. It takes no effort to turn this cube. I suspect records will be broken with this cube. It will be my main for sure, This cube is near perfect.

BrainOfSweden

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
How is it in comparison to its predecessor, the HuanYing? Which do you think will suit me better, I am a pretty rough turner, and my accuracy is also not that great, so I really a lot on corner cutting and lock-up resistance.

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, update: I have been using the cube for two days. It's the best cube I have ever had. The feeling is between a real smooth Dayan Zhanchi and a Fangshi Shuan Ren. But then slightly better. Better then the Zhanchi because is has no lock ups and better then the Fangshi because it turns much lighter. It takes no effort to turn this cube. I suspect records will be broken with this cube. It will be my main for sure, This cube is near perfect.

You're making my mouth water. I realized I don't really have that many cubes. No Guhong v2, no Zhanchi (except 55mm), no ShuangRen, no HuanYing... if thecubicle.us has a good deal on the cube sale this weekend I am thinking I will get some cubes. I would love some new cubes to play with.

Wait... so the HuanYing is 55mm? I'm not sure I like 55mm as a size. I think I might prefer the larger size actually except I bought 55mm Zhanchi instead of normal size because I heard it was smoother. I don't know about HY though because also I don't think I like loud cubes.

jayefbe

WCA
2013BAHR02
The HuanYing is probably more like 56mm, pretty much the same size as the Lingyun.

I personally really like the HuanYing. It's the only cube that comes close to the Zhanchi (other than the Fangcun KO) that I've tried. It is loud, it has a sorta cheap plastic feel to it, but it's very smooth with absolutely no lock-ups.

I'm excited about the WeiLong, but I'm definitely going to wait for a lot more reviews before I think about buying it. I think we've all learned to be a little skeptical of any hype surrounding new cubes lately.

BrainOfSweden

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm excited about the WeiLong, but I'm definitely going to wait for a lot more reviews before I think about buying it. I think we've all learned to be a little skeptical of any hype surrounding new cubes lately.
I'm really excited too, but I learned this lesson with the Alpha CC, I was so hyped about it. Then I fell for it again with the WitLong, I really expected a 3x3 as good as the WitTwo. Right now I'm super excited about the HuanYing I ordered, but based on reviews I'll absolutely love it, and if that's true, I'm likely get a WeiLong too, but as you say, after a lot more reviews this time.

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't want to post a new thread about this so I'm just going to post my videos here (hopefully you don't mind me hijacking the thread).

I will edit with the link to how I set it up when it's done exporting/uploading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't want to post a new thread about this so I'm just going to post my videos here (hopefully you don't mind me hijacking the thread).

I will edit with the link to how I set it up when it's done exporting/uploading.

IT's unfair that everyone else has got their prototype already :(

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How is it in comparison to its predecessor, the HuanYing? Which do you think will suit me better, I am a pretty rough turner, and my accuracy is also not that great, so I really a lot on corner cutting and lock-up resistance.

It's better. Better size, better sound. But the feeling is about the same. Little bit smoother.

When is the finished cube being released?

I don't know. Hopefully Calvin will reply to that.
You're making my mouth water. I realized I don't really have that many cubes. No Guhong v2, no Zhanchi (except 55mm), no ShuangRen, no HuanYing... if thecubicle.us has a good deal on the cube sale this weekend I am thinking I will get some cubes. I would love some new cubes to play with.

Wait... so the HuanYing is 55mm? I'm not sure I like 55mm as a size. I think I might prefer the larger size actually except I bought 55mm Zhanchi instead of normal size because I heard it was smoother. I don't know about HY though because also I don't think I like loud cubes.

Yeah, it's loud. I fixed that though.. I think Weiling will be the cube for you then ;)

(hopefully you don't mind me hijacking the thread)

Ofcourse not ;) This is the Weilong review topic.

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The HuanYing is probably more like 56mm, pretty much the same size as the Lingyun.
Yes, it's bigger than a 55 mm Zhanchi.. LingYun size sounds hust about right.

Yes, especially after the Panshi. But believe me, when I go back from my Weilong to a perfect Zhanchi, it feels like I go back to a Panshi.

I'm really excited too, but I learned this lesson with the Alpha CC, I was so hyped about it. Then I fell for it again with the WitLong, I really expected a 3x3 as good as the WitTwo. Right now I'm super excited about the HuanYing I ordered, but based on reviews I'll absolutely love it, and if that's true, I'm likely get a WeiLong too, but as you say, after a lot more reviews this time.

Yes, I think that is a wise thing to do. After all, I got a prototype. I don't know if the production line will also be perfect. I have a Weilong in pre order so I will definatly let you guys know if there are any differences.

Also opinions might differ around cubes like this. I think 90% of the cube comunity will like this cube a lot. Even if they prefer their fully modded pink Guhong V1 or whatever better. I am interested in what the true fast people (sub 10 - 9 people) will think about it... The Weilong is less stable compared to a Zhanchi or Guhong. I mean, if you grab four corner with thumb and point fingers on each side, you can pull it apart a few millimeters easily. On a Dayan that is harder to do. But I think, this flexability is what makes it never lock up. Maybe very accurate turners hate this feature... Who knows..