• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MoYu teaching puzzles - Red Hat

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got this puzzle from MoYu store to try out. First of all, it's a teaching puzzle meant for children. So it's not meant to be a speedcube and for that matter it's not WCA legal at all, as you'll see in the picture. This puzzle consists of two parts. One part is a normal 3x3x3 and then the entire top layer is red. So basically, you could use this as an F2L trainer.

The only minor downside of this colour scheme is that they chose orange as the bottom colour, and not white. But this is only a minor downside, since there is nothing really negative about learning to solve the cube on orange cross. But for all of us white (or another colour) cross only people, it's an extra challenge. But perhaps it will motivate even experienced cubers to become colour neutral.

The cube looks like it's basically a MeiLong 3. Except on the red/upper layer the edges of the pieces are a little more rounded to appeal more to children's hands. It turns well, but it's on the flow side. Overshooting or anything won't happen on this cube.

Children should like it, with its bright colours and it's relatively easy to solve. I'm a notorious Roux user and even I managed to solve this puzzle relatively quickly. :)

I have a video about this puzzle as well as the Double Skewb on my You Tube channel.

1591787394431.png
As you can see from the cute box with the bright colours, this cube is meant for children.
What I found a very nice detail was the red hat on the box.
Anyone would instantly know the name of the puzzle, without even knowing the language.

You can get the complete set (7 puzzles for only 26,99 including shipping) from MoYu store here - There are several different sets and some of the puzzles you can buy separately.

qwr

Last edited: