• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MoYu (魔域) WeiLong (威龍) new mechanism 3x3x3 speed cube (20 TESTERS WANTED!)

calvinfan

YouTube
Visit Channel
Edit : MoYu WCA Competition Scholarship Scheme (3x3x3 Cube event, Single)
For the cuber who break the current WCA world record of 3x3x3 Cube event, Single, in the official WCA competition, we shall offer him/her RMB 10,000 ( about USD 1,600 ) as scholarship.
The record has to be officially released on WCA web site. Video records and pictures to show the record breaking moment, using the MoYu cube is required and essential to redeem the scholarship. Else, it may not be qualified to redeem.
MoYu cubes currently including HuanYing and WeiLong, more will come within this year.

WCA world record (3x3x3 Cube event, Single):http://worldcubeassociation.org/res...gionId=&years=&show=100+Persons&single=Single
Expired date : 31 Dec 2013

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Brand : MoYu (魔域)
Name : WeiLong (威龍)
Size : 57x57x57mm
Testing Prototype Color : White body

The speed cube is designed and invented by another outstanding MOYU designer in 2012. Patent and copyright are granted in April 2013.
Having the 1st prototype test, the corner-cutting, anti-popping and turning stability have already reached the top level of the speed cubes in the market.
And, the final version and the mass produced ones will be even better.
The adverse corner-cutting goes all the way to 1/2 piece ! With anti-poping system, POP is not easy. Essential for speed cube.
If you wanna break the records, get one for yourself!

<<<20 TESTERS WANTED!>>>
For those interested, please leave your name, email and WCA records in the thread below.
Closing time : 7 June 24:00 am ( Hong Kong time )
- 10 testers will be chosen from the WCA top 40 world record holders (3x3x3 Cube event, Single)
( if you one of them, please contact me, [email protected], as soon as possible )
http://worldcubeassociation.org/res...gionId=&years=&show=100+Persons&single=Single
- the rest 10 testers will be chosen from this thread as usual
PS: izovire will announce the results.

Thanks for your support. Cheers. ^^
WeiLong104.jpg

WeiLong6.jpg

WeiLong23.jpg

panshi_fangshi_weilong2.jpg

panshi_fangshi_weilong1.jpg

cube_comparison.jpg

moyu_cubes.jpg

Last edited:

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Kim Jokinen
Finland
Youtube Channel
WCA ID

I average about 15 seconds on 3x3, 4 seconds on 2x2, 1 minute on 4x4 and 1:40 on 3BLD. You can find all my PB's in my signature

2nd in Finland for 2x2 average and Pyraminx Single (Top 300 in the world in both)
3rd in Finland for 3BLD (Top 300 in the world)

E-mail: [email protected]

Only been cubing for 9 months, so getting faster all the time

If I get it, I will review it for the Finnish, Swedish and English communities :)

Please? :)

Last edited:

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Name: Collin Burns

Email: [email protected]

WCA Records:

9.86 official 3x3 average
(74th in the world, 15th in the USA)

16.86 official one-handed average
(66th in the world, 14th in the USA)

More Records

I also have a youtube channel with 775+ subscribers.
https://www.youtube.com/user/collinbxyz

Unofficially, I am sub-10 for 3x3 and sub-16 for one-handed.

Sub-9 average of 12:

Last edited by a moderator:

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I want cyoubx to have it. We really need a good, neutral and objective first impressions video/review.

Any chance for a specified release date? I read from somewhere that it would be released in the upcoming months, does this mean before summer is over?

And for the luls:

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/giu1644
Email: giu0coco (.a.) gmail.com
No WCA, averaging around 20.15 seconds currently on 3x3.

Last edited:

stensgaard

Calvin, any chance you could upload some screenshots of the different pieces, for those of us not fast enough to get a test copy? :)

and +1 more vote for cyoubx :)

Well I'll hit the turf this time ;)

name: Kattenvriendin (not putting my real name on a forum ;) but you know the name Calvin)
email: [email protected]
I have a WCA record, I can PM that.
All my times are in the siggie.

Cubing with relatively loose cubes, very nitpicky about tensioning a cube, likes perfection there ;) :)

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kattenvriendin

Fastest Dutch female speedcuber on the 3x3 and the 4x4 as of June 2 :)

Last edited:

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Comparing to the HuanYing seems like we got wider rounder torpedos, no open pieces, dayan style corner pieces and a rounded center. To me it looks like this wont be as loud as the HuanYing and maybe smoother? Hopefully the performance wont take a drop because of it!