• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Motivation?

Poke

YouTube
Visit Channel
What is your source of motivation for cubing? I just recently started, and I enjoy entertaining my friends.

Which brings me to a cube lesson of mine... Don't put your cube in the open because people will pick them up and be all over them.

Gparker

YouTube
Visit Channel
id say mine is to get faster. and its fun, especially blindsolving because its great to know how to do a puzzle without looking. and if you solve it in front of people you can get money :D

D

Deleted member 2864

idk... learn a talent that I'm sure less than .5 percent of the world knows...

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like getting faster, and getting closer to the limit. I kinda like it when there's a new UWR for average. It tells me that I need to practise more, so it gives me something to try and beat or get close to.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
'Cause it's fun, and it doesn't need batteries or space or another person. And it fits in your pocket. And I'm completely addicted.

ISuckAtCubing

i want to be really fast, i hate to cube in school, id people sees it, it is gonna be annoying, and i dont want to show off

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Motivation comes from only two places:

1) Fun
2) Interesting

The cube is both. I continue to find no end to the depth of optimization that you can discover on this thing, and no end to the depth of satisfaction from executing ever-more smoothly.