• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Mosaic: Stickerless or black?

mZykke

So I'm planning a project proposal for my high school—am currently in grade 11—about using Rubik's cube to teach kinds of stuff like math. Basically, the You Can Do The Rubik’s Cube program. I asked my cubing friend if he could help me with it and he agreed. As of now, we haven't started on our paper yet but we started searching for cubes then we came across http://ziicube.com/. Unfortunately, the MF3 is out of stock, and the cheap cubes available are:
Meilong 3C - $0.70/each
ShengShou Legend - $0.70/each
YJ GuanLong Plus V3 - $.76/each

(1) Which one should I buy?
(2) Are there better cubes than the three mentioned above?
(3) Is it okay to use stickerless cubes or is it better to use black instead? Because there's the fact that the stickers might peel off.
(4) How about the mosaic itself, do black stickered cubes look better than the stickerless?

PS: We plan to buy around 235pcs then will gradually increase it.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I'm planning a project proposal for my high school—am currently in grade 11—about using Rubik's cube to teach kinds of stuff like math. Basically, the You Can Do The Rubik’s Cube program. I asked my cubing friend if he could help me with it and he agreed. As of now, we haven't started on our paper yet but we started searching for cubes then we came across http://ziicube.com/. Unfortunately, the MF3 is out of stock, and the cheap cubes available are:
Meilong 3C - $0.70/each
ShengShou Legend - $0.70/each
YJ GuanLong Plus V3 - $.76/each

(1) Which one should I buy?
(2) Are there better cubes than the three mentioned above?
(3) Is it okay to use stickerless cubes or is it better to use black instead? Because there's the fact that the stickers might peel off.
(4) How about the mosaic itself, do black stickered cubes look better than the stickerless?

PS: We plan to buy around 235pcs then will gradually increase it.
Meilong 3C is definitely your best bet I’d say. For 2, don’t think so, other cubes start going up to bigger prices. For 3, stickerless is fine, and looks more clean imo. Depends on what you want (generally stickers don’t peel though, they’re good quality). Same thing for 4

mZykke

Meilong 3C is definitely your best bet I’d say. For 2, don’t think so, other cubes start going up to bigger prices. For 3, stickerless is fine, and looks more clean imo. Depends on what you want (generally stickers don’t peel though, they’re good quality). Same thing for 4
Thanks much for this info

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Stickerless is probably slightly nicer for mosaics. At that quantity the shipping cost will be signficant so I would go with the meilong which is an extremely light cube

Waffles

Generally most of the mosaics I’ve seen have used stickerless; although I do know someone who made one himself and he used stickers cubes. Stickers would look better if it was like actually really big, and stickerless would work if it was just normal sized.

mZykke

Generally most of the mosaics I’ve seen have used stickerless; although I do know someone who made one himself and he used stickers cubes. Stickers would look better if it was like actually really big, and stickerless would work if it was just normal sized.
Alright, I have decided that I really should go for the meilong. Considering this will be used by students, I think it would be rare for someone to build a really big mosaic.