• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Mom of an obsessed cuber

CubeMom07

Hello to the world of cubers,
I'm a mom in California who is looking for young cubers that my 9 year old son can solve with, virtually. It's a great way to connect him to people across the globe. But I'm overprotective. I'll be supervising all communications.
If you're someone like me with a young cuber, let's get our kids "together".

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
But I'm overprotective. I'll be supervising all communications.
Your son is 9. This isn't overprotective - it's smart. You should have a close eye on all of his online activities and communications - cubing or otherwise. I'm an older cuber and I have assisted younger cubers online. When I do, I always let the parents know that I welcome them being in the same room if we're on video chat or to monitor the emails or whatever.

AlgoCuber

Welcome! Most of the people here are young, mostly teenagers with a few older ones.

WCA
2016DRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm a mom in California who is looking for young cubers that my 9 year old son can solve with, virtually. It's a great way to connect him to people across the globe. But I'm overprotective. I'll be supervising all communications.
I mean I am 15 but I don't mind cubing with younger kids.

PuzzlerMom

Hi there,
I am in the same boat. If you are still looking for other cuber kids, my son would love to have a virtual meetup with someone his age. He is also 9. Not super-fast yet, if that is OK, but very enthusiastic!

- Alexandra

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
Lol these names are kinda cool and funny.

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
Hi there,
I am in the same boat. If you are still looking for other cuber kids, my son would love to have a virtual meetup with someone his age. He is also 9. Not super-fast yet, if that is OK, but very enthusiastic!

- Alexandra
I also remember when I started out, I had learned the beginner method and for a little while, felt invincible. I remember going onto YouTube and searched 'Rubik's cube', and z3cubing's gan 356i review was there. I was also not fast, I was using an oiled old Rubik's brand, but like your son, I was very interested in it!