• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Modding Yuxin 4x4

ProrokC2

Hi
I'm a total beginner when it comes to modding. But i've heard that it isn't that easy to screw something up.
Is doing a konsta/florian mod and replacing springs with dayan a good idea? Or just wait for it to break in. Middle layers are really sluggish compared to outers and i want to fix it. Also the cube sometimes has lockups (konsta mod should do it)

Cheers

Forcefulness

YouTube
Visit Channel
Those mods were really designed for a ss cube, doing it on the yuxin will really only make it much less stable, the only mod I recommend is to take out the big inner pieces and at the bottom it has two small wings, shave those away. that will reduce the catching, then just break it in for a while

ProrokC2

Thanks. I have some problem with catching. Will replacing default springs with dayan springs, improve inner layers? They are really slugish. I also have MFG FengYun. Maybe these mods will make it actually move?

Last edited:

Forcefulness

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks. I have some problem with catching. Will replacing default springs with dayan springs, improve inner layers? They are really slugish. I also have MFG FengYun. Maybe these mods will make it actually move?
Ive never tested a spring swap with the yuxin 4x4, I just broke it in and lubed generously and the inner layers were better over time