• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MJS Cubing's Progression thread [Week 9]

Will I learn full PLL by the end of the year?

• Total voters

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome to my progression thread! This is week 7 (technically week 110), and I am currently working on relearning full PLL learning with JPerm.net algorithms, along with any others that I may come across. Below are the PLL algs I was using before I took a year long break, and the ones in bold are the ones I no longer have muscle memory in. Once I finish relearning PLL I will learn OLL.

Ua Perm - F2 U’ L R’ F2 R L’ U’ F2
Ub Perm - R2 U R U R’ U’ R’ U’ R’ U R’
H Perm - M2 U M2 U2 M2 U M2
Z Perm - M2 U M2 U M’ U2 M2 U2 M’ U2
Ja Perm - R’ U L’ U2 R U’ R’ U2 R L U’
Jb Perm - R U R’ F R U R’ U R F’ R2 U’ R’
T Perm - R U R’ U’ R’ F R2 U’ R’ U’ R U R’ F’
Aa Perm - R’ F R’ B2 R F’ R’ B2 R2 U
Ab Perm - x R2' D2 R U R' D2 R U' R x'
Y Perm - F R U’ R’ U’ R U R’ F’ R U R’ U’ R’ F R F’
Ra Perm - R U R' F' R U2 R' U2 R' F R U R U2 R'
Rb Perm - R2 F R U R U' R' F' R U2 R' U2 R

E Perm - x' R U' R' D R U R' D' R U R' D R U' R' D'
V Perm - x' R' F R F' U R U2 R' U' R U' R' U2 R U R' U'
F Perm - R' U' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' U R
Ga Perm - R2 U R' U R' U' R U' R2 U' D R' U R D'
Gb Perm - R' U' R U D' R2 U R' U R U' R U' R2 D
Gc Perm - y2 R2 F2 R U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U' R' F R2
Gd Perm - R U R' U' D R2 U' R U' R' U R' U R2 D'
Na Perm - R U R' U R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U2 R U' R'
Nb Perm - R' U R U' R' F' U' F R U R' F R' F' R U' R

[Week 1] Learned Ab perm, then got stitches in my finger :rolleyes:

[Week 2] Suffering with stitches and no cubing

[Week 3] I learned the Y perm, then got side tracked and learned to solve squan, so not much progress. Switched to Jperm.net to learn and train Pll.

[Week 4] I learned the R, F, E, and V perms. I also learned the 2x2 Ortega algs, so thats something I guess.

[Week 5] Learned the Gc perm, so kind of something.

[Week 6] No real goal, I’m not learning algs this week, just getting better ant recognition and execution of my PLLs.

[A Lot of Weeks] Didn't cube for like a year, getting back into cubing, re-learning PLL. I'm Just going to keep going on week 7 like nothing happened.

[Week 7] Algs to relearn: Ab, Ra, Rb, V, Nb. Of course I also need to get faster with the algs I was lucky enough not to forget.

[Another Year] Didn't cube for a while, moved to Canada, got bored, and started cubing again

[Week 8] Somehow I still remember all of my PLL's except Na, but this week I am working on a more efficient F2L

[Week 9] I am officially (according to me) sub-20! This week I will want to try to re-learn square-1 parity and get better at center building on 4x4, hopefully soon I can be sub-1, but it will be a while.

[Week 10] Last week I learned the square-1 parity alg, but this week I want to really focus on getting faster at 4x4.

Last edited:

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have noticed my last layer is significantly slower than my F2L, so I decided to make this thread. I am starting with PLL, and hope to finish by the end of the year. I will be using the Algorithms from Cubeskills.com. If anyone has a better website I am open to suggestions. I have already learned U perms, H perm, Z perm, J perms, T perm, and Aa perm. After I learn PLL I will learn OLL and hopefully know full 2LLL by March 2021.

Ua Perm - F2 U’ L R’ F2 R L’ U’ F2
Ub Perm - R2 U R U R’ U’ R’ U’ R’ U R’
H Perm - M2 U M2 U2 M2 U M2
Z Perm - M2 U M2 U M’ U2 M2 U2 M’ U2
Ja Perm - R’ U L’ U2 R U’ R’ U2 R L U’
Jb Perm - R U R’ F R U R’ U R F’ R2 U’ R’
T Perm - R U R’ U’ R’ F R2 U’ R’ U’ R U R’ F’
Aa Perm - R’ F R’ B2 R F’ R’ B2 R2 U

Friday November 6th: Today I will learn the Ab perm and E perm.
march 2021, more like january 2021, or even December 2020!

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Really? I want to be finished with PLL, but December, and I’m really bad at memorizing things.
you can memorize easily by getting an alg in your muscle memory by doing it multiple times, then take a break and come back again. This forces your brain to recall which is helpful. Do it a few times until you can recall easily.
And relax too dont work so hard on memorizing algs.

RiceMan_

I learned PLL in 2 days so i think you can learn pll by the end of this week, I dont recommend Cubeskill algs cuz they are a bit outdated. I would recommend @PapaSmurf pll sheet.

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have learned the Ab Perm. Anybody have suggestions for learning double flicks on D2s? I am really slow because I cant double flick D2.
This is the alg i use:
x R2' D2 R U R' D2 R U' R x'
The D2s are really slow for me, and I don't like the rotations. Anyone have a better alg? I am slow with left hand moves so it needs to be a righty alg.

RiceMan_

I have learned the Ab Perm. Anybody have suggestions for learning double flicks on D2s? I am really slow because I cant double flick D2.
This is the alg i use:
x R2' D2 R U R' D2 R U' R x'
The D2s are really slow for me, and I don't like the rotations. Anyone have a better alg? I am slow with left hand moves so it needs to be a righty alg.
R' B' R U' R D R' U R D' R2' B R

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't use the RUL Ja. Instead, use this:
x R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U2

If you ever learn the F perm, use this:
R2' F R F' R' U' F' U F R2 U R' U' R

Some tips:
For G perms, learn the RUD algs (RUF for Gc). They are easier and faster to execute than say, the yRUu ones.

Go slow, learn 2/3 algs per day. I'd recommend Cubehead's algsheet for both PLL and OLL because he breaks every alg down so that it's easy to learn.

For OLL, learn the algs in groups, according to shape. Take a day or two to learn algs and drill them the next day. Like this, you can finish full 2LLL in 2 months.

BTW, good luck

Last edited:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the 2-gen U perms
also you wrote the Aa Ab perms differently but they're basically inverses
You left out Y perm but Ja, Y, T perms are all rearrangements of each other that are easy to get into muscle memory
http://speedcubedb.com/a/3x3/PLL for a bunch of decent algs to use

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Learned Rb perm with R2 F (R U R U') R' F' R U2 R' U2 R. Maybe I just need to practice it, but I keep trying to do a sexy move with the trigger R U R U'. If anyone has a better alg (Maybe even 2 gen because I do regrips for the F moves) I'm open to suggestions.

D

Deleted member 55877

Learned Rb perm with R2 F (R U R U') R' F' R U2 R' U2 R. Maybe I just need to practice it, but I keep trying to do a sexy move with the trigger R U R U'. If anyone has a better alg (Maybe even 2 gen because I do regrips for the F moves) I'm open to suggestions.
If you can do the push D' with your left ring finger, R' U2 R' D' R U' R' D R U R U' R' U' R is a great alg. I use this alg as my main alg for 3x3