• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MJS Cubing's Progression thread [Week 9]

Will I learn full PLL by the end of the year?

• Total voters

Scollier

Dream inside of a Dream inside of a Dream
YouTube
Visit Channel
That alg is great, but it still has that R U R U' trigger that is giving me a problem. Is there another alg, or do I just need to get used to it?

Get used to it. The Rb Perm didn't take me that long to memorize, but still it's not one of my favorites....I actually am learning full PLL currently and I know all the algs except the A perms, the G perms, the N perms, and the accursed V perm.

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I learned my Ra perm, and I really like the Alg. (R U R') F' (R U2 R' U2) R' F (R U R U2) R' I like these kinds of 3 gen algs that use R U and F. I will probably try to learn more algs with these moves. I might actually learn my goal in a week (Saturday is my goal)

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I learned my Ra perm, and I really like the Alg. (R U R') F' (R U2 R' U2) R' F (R U R U2) R' I like these kinds of 3 gen algs that use R U and F. I will probably try to learn more algs with these moves. I might actually learn my goal in a week (Saturday is my goal)
I use the same R perm, and honestly I would advise to stick with them, because AUFs are easier with RUF algorithms than RUD

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I love this alg, it’s actually one of my faster PLLs.

CrispyCubing

WCA
2019YODE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well your all also has rotations and wide moves which require regrips.
The first “rotation” is actually a regrip. Your left hand regrips to thumb on bottom and your right hand stays in home grip. The wide moves can be slightly awkward, but easy to get used to.

R' U L' U2 R U' R' U2 R L Has more regrips depending on how you execute it.

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I’m moving faster than I originally anticipated. I figured out that if you just repeat an Alg for 30 minutes it gets locked in you head. I now have muscle memory on all the PLLs that I wanted to learn this week, so I just have the V perm, G Perms and N perms left to learn! I think I’m going to add the v perm to this weeks goal.

Also, this might be a strech But I want to be sub 3 with all PLLs by Christmas. idk if that’s a stupid goal or not

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I have learned the V perm, but I don’t quite have it in muscle memory yet, but that’s not what this post is about. I’m starting to have trouble recognizing PLL cases, taking 1-2 seconds pause after OLL. Is this normal, or do I need to put more time into case recognition?

D

Deleted member 55877

So I have learned the V perm, but I don’t quite have it in muscle memory yet, but that’s not what this post is about. I’m starting to have trouble recognizing PLL cases, taking 1-2 seconds pause after OLL. Is this normal, or do I need to put more time into case recognition?
Case recognition comes with practice. For each PLL come up your own way to recognize the case. For example I recognize V usually by the large block and the outer stickers being opposite colors to the block.
Also, what V Perm are you using? Please don't say you're using the V Perm with a rotation