• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MJS Cubing's Progression thread [Week 4]

Will I learn full PLL by the end of the year?

• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, that’s a stupid goal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome to my progression thread! This is week 2, and I am currently working on full PLL learning with cube skills.com algorithms. After I finish PLL I will learn OLL.

My goal is to learn full OLL and PLL by the end of 2020.

Ua Perm - F2 U’ L R’ F2 R L’ U’ F2
Ub Perm - R2 U R U R’ U’ R’ U’ R’ U R’
H Perm - M2 U M2 U2 M2 U M2
Z Perm - M2 U M2 U M’ U2 M2 U2 M’ U2
Ja Perm - R’ U L’ U2 R U’ R’ U2 R L U’
Jb Perm - R U R’ F R U R’ U R F’ R2 U’ R’
T Perm - R U R’ U’ R’ F R2 U’ R’ U’ R U R’ F’
Aa Perm - R’ F R’ B2 R F’ R’ B2 R2 U
Ab Perm - x R2' D2 R U R' D2 R U' R x'
Y Perm - F R U’ R’ U’ R U R’ F’ R U R’ U’ R’ F R F’
Ra Perm - R U R' F' R U2 R' U2 R' F R U R U2 R'
Rb Perm - R2 F R U R U' R' F' R U2 R' U2 R
E Perm - x' R U' R' D R U R' D' R U R' D R U' R' D'

[Week 1] Learned Ab perm, then got stitches in my finger :rolleyes:

[Week 2] Suffering with stitches and no cubing

[Week 3] I learned the Y perm, then got side tracked and learned to solve squan, so not much progress. Switched to Jperm.net to learn and train Pll.

[Week 4] Goal: Don't get side tracked and learn E perm, R perms, and F perm.
Completed: Rb perm, E perm

@pjk can you remove the Poll please?

Last edited:

Nir1213

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveF-we6lcE
I have noticed my last layer is significantly slower than my F2L, so I decided to make this thread. I am starting with PLL, and hope to finish by the end of the year. I will be using the Algorithms from Cubeskills.com. If anyone has a better website I am open to suggestions. I have already learned U perms, H perm, Z perm, J perms, T perm, and Aa perm. After I learn PLL I will learn OLL and hopefully know full 2LLL by March 2021.

Ua Perm - F2 U’ L R’ F2 R L’ U’ F2
Ub Perm - R2 U R U R’ U’ R’ U’ R’ U R’
H Perm - M2 U M2 U2 M2 U M2
Z Perm - M2 U M2 U M’ U2 M2 U2 M’ U2
Ja Perm - R’ U L’ U2 R U’ R’ U2 R L U’
Jb Perm - R U R’ F R U R’ U R F’ R2 U’ R’
T Perm - R U R’ U’ R’ F R2 U’ R’ U’ R U R’ F’
Aa Perm - R’ F R’ B2 R F’ R’ B2 R2 U

Friday November 6th: Today I will learn the Ab perm and E perm.
march 2021, more like january 2021, or even December 2020!

Nir1213

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveF-we6lcE
Really? I want to be finished with PLL, but December, and I’m really bad at memorizing things.
you can memorize easily by getting an alg in your muscle memory by doing it multiple times, then take a break and come back again. This forces your brain to recall which is helpful. Do it a few times until you can recall easily.
And relax too dont work so hard on memorizing algs.

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have learned the Ab Perm. Anybody have suggestions for learning double flicks on D2s? I am really slow because I cant double flick D2.
This is the alg i use:
x R2' D2 R U R' D2 R U' R x'
The D2s are really slow for me, and I don't like the rotations. Anyone have a better alg? I am slow with left hand moves so it needs to be a righty alg.

RiceMan_

I have learned the Ab Perm. Anybody have suggestions for learning double flicks on D2s? I am really slow because I cant double flick D2.
This is the alg i use:
x R2' D2 R U R' D2 R U' R x'
The D2s are really slow for me, and I don't like the rotations. Anyone have a better alg? I am slow with left hand moves so it needs to be a righty alg.
R' B' R U' R D R' U R D' R2' B R

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
Don't use the RUL Ja. Instead, use this:
x R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U2

If you ever learn the F perm, use this:
R2' F R F' R' U' F' U F R2 U R' U' R

Some tips:
For G perms, learn the RUD algs (RUF for Gc). They are easier and faster to execute than say, the yRUu ones.

Go slow, learn 2/3 algs per day. I'd recommend Cubehead's algsheet for both PLL and OLL because he breaks every alg down so that it's easy to learn.

For OLL, learn the algs in groups, according to shape. Take a day or two to learn algs and drill them the next day. Like this, you can finish full 2LLL in 2 months.

BTW, good luck

Last edited:

qwr

I like the 2-gen U perms
also you wrote the Aa Ab perms differently but they're basically inverses
You left out Y perm but Ja, Y, T perms are all rearrangements of each other that are easy to get into muscle memory
http://speedcubedb.com/a/3x3/PLL for a bunch of decent algs to use

hexacuber

Learned Rb perm with R2 F (R U R U') R' F' R U2 R' U2 R. Maybe I just need to practice it, but I keep trying to do a sexy move with the trigger R U R U'. If anyone has a better alg (Maybe even 2 gen because I do regrips for the F moves) I'm open to suggestions.
If you can do the push D' with your left ring finger, R' U2 R' D' R U' R' D R U R U' R' U' R is a great alg. I use this alg as my main alg for 3x3