• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

EvanCuber Progression Thread

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I came back from my competition and I did not do as good as I wanted to. I would rather not share my results here, because I am to ashamed of how far it is below my normal average. However, while I was there, I was racing somebody and got an 8.79 PB Single! And right after that, on my next solve, I got a 9.98 single. After that, my next two solves were really bad because I was pretty nervous after getting two in a row sub 10 so I got a 14.01 and DNF. But then I got a 10.6 for my final solve and got an 11.53 ao5!
I did worse than average at my only competition too, so no worries.
GG on the pb!

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've decided to learn a new method for OH solving, seeing as CFOP requires a lot of regrips and a higher movecount, which is not as good for OH solving. So today, I start my quest to learn Mehta One-Handed, so best of luck for me!
If you're going to learn a separate method for OH, you might as well use the best OH method, Roux. Or you can use ZZ if you don't want to cheat by abusing the table

PiKeeper

WCA
2021KLIN02
I've decided to learn a new method for OH solving, seeing as CFOP requires a lot of regrips and a higher movecount, which is not as good for OH solving. So today, I start my quest to learn Mehta One-Handed, so best of luck for me!
Tbh Mehta is one of the worst methods for OH, but if you enjoy it then go right ahead.

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't like the intuitiveness of Roux and I don't like using MU moves OH, which Roux uses.
Understandable.
And YRUru is better than Roux for OH anyway.
I disagree. YruRU a good OH method, but is a bit worse than Roux
But I just want to see how far I can go with Mehta on OH, and my goal is sub-15 OH
Mehta isn't great for OH.

I would suggest either ZZ or YruRU

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
Umm... Actually learning a better methods for OH is worth it. Luke Garrett's dad told me this at the Wyoming competition and gave the example of Carter Kucala, who uses CFOP two handed, and a different method one handed is nearly world class one handed with this method
Mehta isn't any better than CFOP for OH. In fact, it might be worse. Don't waste your time with it.