• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Official] MIT Spring 2012 - A Dramatic Rendition

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Sa967St
Haha, I liked the ending a lot. :D
I'm sure you'll get an official 7x7 average soon, you were so close to making the cutoff! It took me 5 competitions to get a 7x7x7 average, and only one of those competitions even had a cut-off. :p

WCA
2009MARK03
YouTube
mrjames113083
Thread starter #12
I feel like a lot of competition performance videos are kind of boring. I like to tell a story with my experience. I think my ultimate goal would be to do a mini-documentary on organizing a competition; the stress, the fun, the behind the scenes drama, etc.I think that would be very interesting. Thoughts?

WCA
2012CHOI04
YouTube
hyunchoi98
I feel like a lot of competition performance videos are kind of boring. I like to tell a story with my experience. I think my ultimate goal would be to do a mini-documentary on organizing a competition; the stress, the fun, the behind the scenes drama, etc.I think that would be very interesting. Thoughts?
That would be a great video/film!
I'd happily watch it.

WCA
2012CHOI04
YouTube
hyunchoi98
Cut offs basically punish people that are slow and reward people that are fast.
I agree with this, but i also agree with Sa967St.
It does encourage people like me that have slow times, but it is VERY frustrating to get a DNF just because you're 19 seconds over the cutoff. (5x5)

IMO average cutoff YES, hard cutoff NO

WCA
2011VECC01
YouTube
partylikeaturtle
That's very true, I overlooked that. I guess I'm just sub consciously mad that I have never made it into a second round of any given event.
They had to make the cutoff lower because the competition was almost an hour behind schedule. If they let everyone who was slow solve, it would have taken a lot longer...