• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mini Maru CX3 (S-6) Unboxing

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maru has come with a 56 mm version of the CX3. So far I like the cube a lot. Solving feels the same as the normal CX3. But it just feels more comfertable in my hands due to size,

Plus:
-Same (good) corner cutting as CX3
-Very very fast
-Light and airy
-Nice shades (on mine, I order half bright)
-Very controlable
-Stable

Down:
-Needs some breaking in due to excessive plastic.
-Maybe less forgiving comared to a well broken in AoLong. But that might be different after many solves.
-Very loud
-I have had some pops. But after breaking in I will thighten more and suspect it will be no issue any more.

I do not think it will replace my main AoLong V2, but suspect fast cubers might choose this over AoLong.

[video=youtube_share;W700Cku565A]http://youtu.be/W700Cku565A[/video]

Last edited:

kliang9299

I just contacted thecubicle. They told me that they'll be getting the cube in 2-3 weeks and that it will in fact come in black and white :D

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just contacted thecubicle. They told me that they'll be getting the cube in 2-3 weeks and that it will in fact come in black and white :D

That is pretty cool. I had my second sub 19 Ao12 ever yesterday within the first 50 solves I did with this cube.There must be something special about this cube :) I am pretty sure I will order a black one when available.

kliang9299

In both of your videos with the CX3s it sounds very different from a normal CX3. I'm not sure if it's your camera or not but how does it compare to the original?

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In both of your videos with the CX3s it sounds very different from a normal CX3. I'm not sure if it's your camera or not but how does it compare to the original?

It is pretty loud because I did not lube it and it needs to be broken in. I had the same experience with the regular CX3. After a few hundred solves and some lube the sound becomes much better.

Makarov

I would totally order this now if it weren't for the shipping cost which is almost the price of the cube itself. I loved the cx3 though and might get it when it comes to cubicle.

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So after using the CX3s for almost a week now how do you feel about it?

Great cube. Good recognition because it is s stickerless. Very very fast, but controlable. Some lockups due to inaccurate turning (like I do all the time). AoLong seems to handle my wicked turning better. And it pops every now and then. Maybe one per 100. So not a real big issue but it makes me a bit carefull while solving. I wish it was less loud. I will order a black one immediatly when they come available.

kliang9299

The black and white have been added to marucube.com. Also, the cubicle ha an announcement on their front page saying that it is coming soon. I'm pretty excited!