• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Micah Morrison's Progress Thread [Finished 3-Style + Sub 1 3BLD Success!]

Color Neutral Gang?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, it's been a month since I've updated this thread (I've been lazy). I don't plan to update this weekly anymore, but for now I'll just go over the improvement I've made this last month.
I didn't practice that much, but I've somehow improved from averaging 1:03 to 1:00-1:01
1603233852585.png
I believe I averaged high 11 or low 12 when I last updated this thread. Now, I'm basically sub 11
1603233953070.png
I haven't really improved in this event, but I did learn full 3style corners. I've been doing corners-only blindfolded solves to practice using the comms. At first, I was very slow and inaccurate, but now, I think my corners-only times are about the same speed as with OP but slightly less accurate. I'm planning to learn 3style edges over the next 2 weeks or so, and then hopefully see a large amount of improvement in my solves, after I get all the comms in my muscle memory.
I went from not practicing pyraminx seriously to averaging around mid 5.
1603236606681.png
This is the main event I've been working on recently. I've dropped from averaging around 2:05 to nearly sub 2 (I got a sub 2 ao25 today!) I'll continue grinding 6x6 until I get a 1:58 ao50. I'll update this again when I get that and then go for sub 16 in OH.
1603236716479.png

Also, I finally updated my pb sheet lol. I plan to update it more regularly. Here it is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4eCUMxx0yJhLAO41d6RyAAFHyD0pKuZiW94RzG4SV8/edit?usp=sharing

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have achieved my goal on 3x3 OH of a 15.7 ao200, and now I feel like I can confidently say I'm sub 16. I will be practicing megaminx going for a 52.5 ao50 (my current average is around 58-1:01). I also will be finishing up learning 3-style for 3x3 BLD. I know full 3style corners and about 25% of edges as of now, After I achieve my goals on megaminx and finish learning 3-style, I'll probably practice a bunch of 3BLD so I can become familiar with all the comms and hopefully be sub 45.
1605128601737.png

D

Deleted member 54663

i did mega for a week or 2, but i'm stuck above 2 minutes. I have a good star+f2l(below 40 seconds together), but my s2l and ll throw me off. any tips?

D

Deleted member 55877

i did mega for a week or 2, but i'm stuck above 2 minutes. I have a good star+f2l(below 40 seconds together), but my s2l and ll throw me off. any tips?
I think F2L is what I struggled with most when I started megaminx because of the difficult lookahead.

S2L shouldn't be too hard if you are good at F2L, just focus on practicing. An useful note is that pairing up corner+edge BEFORE inserting them is usually more effecient.

Also you should know the basic LL algs: EO, CO, and EP. You can use commutators for CP for now, but eventually you'll want to learn full CP (about as hard as learning full PLL) to complete 4LLL

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I finished learning 3-Style for 3BLD about a week and a half ago and was much slower and inaccurate at first. Now, I've gotten my average back down to around 1:20 and I got my first sub 1:00 success! (8 algs) I'm extremely happy with this as my previous PB was a 1:13. I hit a barrier in my megaminx improvement, averaging around 55 seconds at the same time that I finished learning 3-style, so I've stopped grinding it for now. I'm now mostly focusing on 3BLD and getting more familiar with the 3-style comms.
1607358997319.png