• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Micah Morrison's All-rounding Progression [Week 2: Squan and Clock Improvement, and more!]

Color Neutral Gang?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow that's awesome! Maybe the car is your good luck charm lol.
I feel like I have a bunch of my pbs in the car as well, like my 9.1 ao100 on 3x3 was all in the car.
Not judging that you bring a stackmat and calculator into the car.

omg he is soooo weird
it's just a prank bro
Nah he is using a computer.

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
holy cow I just smashed my 7x7 PB with a 2:45.344! My old PB was 2:58.14 so I beat it by almost 13 seconds! Everything felt like an average solve at the beginning but I just turned into Max Park during L4C. Then the edge pairing was really nice, with a lot of blocks. I bet you can guess where I was when I broke this PB.
In the car, duh

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
alright, my megaminx week 1 was pretty good. I dropped my averages from 1:05-1:07 to around 59-1:02. On My 3x3 Week 4 I was averaging 8.2, but all my solves were in the car, so I don't know if this is an improvement, because it was on keyboard. I finally have a fully functional clock (on my lingao the pins would keep falling down) and I'm going to start practicing it. I'm currently averaging around 20-21 with my shengshou

Here are my goals for this week:

3x3: Do at least 700 solves, Sub 8.4 ao500 (stackmat)
Megaminx: Do at least 300 solves: Sub 55 ao50 (this will be hard)
Clock: Do at least 300 solves and average sub 15 consistently

Last edited:
WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hate that I'm saying this, but I just haven't been having much fun with megaminx lately, and, even though I avg around 1:01, I just don't have the motivation to practice and get sub 1. So, instead of forcing myself to something I don't want to do, I'll just take a break from megaminx (I'll come back to it soon) and start working on 4x4.

Other updates: Clonk is ez, I've done like 100 solves with my ssm and I average around 15-16 already

I got my first 4BLD centers success, so that's a good start. I'll work on doing edges only then try some full attempts

Sub1Hour

I just decided I would do a 6x6 solve, and I broke my PB by 4 seconds with a 1:54.50!!!
Dang man, thats awesome! I'm hoping to join you in the Sub-2 club very soon!

maybe if I went out into my car and did some solves there I could get that sub-2

Last edited:
WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not even going to talk about how I did for my goals this week because I failed them all lol (I'm averaging about 15 on clock though). I've decided I'm going to take a break from 3x3, because I've not really been improving, and supposedly breaks make you faster. Instead, I will be practicing squan for the next two weeks.

Since I keep failing my goals I'll set a little bit easier goals for this week:

4x4: At least 350 solves, Sub 31 ao50
Squan: At least 400 solves, learn efficient intuitive ep for non-parity cases, Sub 15 ao50
Clock: At least 150 solves, sub 12 ao25

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've done 4 full 4bld attempts, all of which ranged from 13:00 to 19:00, and all of which were fails. 2 of the attempts weren't really close to solved, one had 3 edges unsolved, and on one attempt I forgot to do parity for centers (which is just a U2) and realized it after I finished edges, so I undid all of my edges and did the U2 and resolved edges, then I did corners, and I memorized that I had parity for corners, but when I was done, I thought there was no chance I wouldn't mess up undoing and redoing my edged and didn't think to execute parity. Sure enough, my entire cube was solved except for 2 edge pairs (which is what corner parity fixes).

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
I've done 4 full 4bld attempts, all of which ranged from 13:00 to 19:00, and all of which were fails. 2 of the attempts weren't really close to solved, one had 3 edges unsolved, and on one attempt I forgot to do parity for centers (which is just a U2) and realized it after I finished edges, so I undid all of my edges and did the U2 and resolved edges, then I did corners, and I memorized that I had parity for corners, but when I was done, I thought there was no chance I wouldn't mess up undoing and redoing my edged and didn't think to execute parity. Sure enough, my entire cube was solved except for 2 edge pairs (which is what corner parity fixes).
Correctly reversing all of your wings then correctly re-executing them is crazy