• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MFJS MeiLong Kibiminx Review

WCA
2018TRUD02
Thread starter #1
I just recieved the Meilong Kibiminx from The Cubicle

Honestly, I wasn't really impressed at first. But I think it has potential.

Right out of the box, it was scratchy, and very, very locky. It caught with every turn, and I could barely get through an algorithm.

I put some Silk in it and loosened the tensions, and the problems, while still there, have lessened. It still catches, but now it is much easier to turn. It does now deform a bit when moving quickly in the hands due to the Silk now making the puzzle easier to turn.

The ridges are nice, and do help. The colors are vibrant, and there are no problems with recognition other than with the lime green and the pale green.

I think that this cube could reach full potential with magnets. The problem is, there isn't really much room for magnets. It could be done, but...

That's my review of the Meilong Kibiminx. It will probably get better with break-in, but for now, it is a budget feel for a budget price.

I just recieved the Meilong Kibiminx from The Cubicle

Honestly, I wasn't really impressed at first. But I think it has potential.

Right out of the box, it was scratchy, and very, very locky. It caught with every turn, and I could barely get through an algorithm.

I put some Silk in it and loosened the tensions, and the problems, while still there, have lessened. It still catches, but now it is much easier to turn. It does now deform a bit when moving quickly in the hands due to the Silk now making the puzzle easier to turn.

The ridges are nice, and do help. The colors are vibrant, and there are no problems with recognition other than with the lime green and the pale green.

I think that this cube could reach full potential with magnets. The problem is, there isn't really much room for magnets. It could be done, but...

That's my review of the Meilong Kibiminx. It will probably get better with break-in, but for now, it is a budget feel for a budget price.
Is it the best kibiminx?
Better than the Sheng Shou and the Fan Xin?

Last edited: