• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Method Overview Series

SciKE

Hey, its scike, the new guy. No no no, it's not another shitty method I came up with by taking 2 methods and mashing them together, don't worry. But I have been thinking about starting up a series about looking at methods (mainly for 3x3) and just giving an overview of the method and putting it out there in a better format than some obscure wiki page or long dead website. I guess what I'm requesting from everybody here is a few things:

1: How many of you would actually be interested in these overviews? I assume this depends if you know the method and how interested all of you are in the first place with this, but I would like to know how many people wouldn't mind someone going about this.

2: What video format should I go for? Should I do the typical reach-around-the-camera-and-do-example-solves or should I do a more infographic style with more visuals and actual "analysis" with irl explanations interspersed?

3: What are some methods I should look into? I have a nice list so far but hearing from more people is bound to give more methods I can go over. Also if you have any resources that could kickstart my research that would be very appreciated. Here is my current list that I'll be updating throughout the series. Dont worry it'll be more uhh organized? maybe? Any method is fine by the way, speedsolving is currently my interest but things like FMC or meme methods might be done if I'm getting tired of those.

And if you have any concerns, please alert me about them. I assume someone has done something like this before but I haven't found it yet.

Last edited:

LBr

like you said im kinda bored with people making up 3x3 methods and posting them here. I have been into square-1 recently, so anything i'll say here will most likely be to do with that

SciKE

like you said im kinda bored with people making up 3x3 methods and posting them here. I have been into square-1 recently, so anything i'll say here will most likely be to do with that
Oh yeah I wouldnt mind some methods for other events. Im aware of Vandenburgh and the more "mainstream but not really used" methods like Lin, Scroux, etc etc. If you have some interesting ones feel free to suggest.