• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Memorizing in groups of four letters?

Zagros

YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone else do this? I still use pairs, but I combine two images to form a more distinct double image. It makes it stand out more, and it makes recall faster for me because I only need to recall one thing to get four letters. I don't do this in 3BLD but I do in 4-5 and multi. For example, if I encounter WK NY I might think of walking through New York as one image instead of making two separate images. This also makes it much easier to know how many targets I have been to. I am fairly new to bigbld, so sometimes I'm not sure if I have visited every wing yet, for example. But with groups of four, it is way easier to know that I have five groups of four and two extra letters than to know that I have eleven pairs.

I am new and pretty slow so maybe this method doesn't work anymore when you get faster, but for now it seems very useful for me.

Zagros

YouTube
Visit Channel
I do it in 3BLD too. Like the other day I had KV DC DT SC and my image was Martin Kove in Washington DC with Scoliosis. (DT = doet = doing in Dutch). So it's one coherent image, which I still remember. Another one I remember is RW MC HE SI (Your raw McDonald's is here, sir.)
I did it in 3bld too until I got to around 3 minutes and at that point it takes a bit too long to think of the images.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Already been doing it since the year 2017,
It is finally taking strides and becoming faster than my letter pair memorisation now.
It has made a big improvement in bigBLD dedge memo, as I can memo it faster now with LQ,
and my ultimate hope is to make it good for MBLD event which is very heavy on the memorisation phase.

I have made some documentation too, you can refer to it, if you want to get the hang of LQ:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qykgjL4ZrDHRo6KFfwYkm-BMV8fTIMSEXOayqRaHhtc/edit?usp=sharing

There is more documentation linked up with this write-up that I have created.

Cheers,
Yo cuber

Llewelys

For example, if I encounter WK NY I might think of walking through New York as one image instead of making two separate images.
It's less "memorizing in groups of 4" and more "making images interact with one another", which is highly recommended to recall more easily