• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

V Achyuthan

WCA
2022SUND04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Note : No offense to Mehta Method with a title
Recently I have been experimenting with Petrus OS
I am trying to find a good way to do Petrus OS. Rather than just looking for a best case from a specific set during a solve
this is because APB is the best version of petrus (for now)
even if you get a bad EOpair case and good EOLE APB still beats Mehta TDR
These are the Options (I will give the steps of the solve for each specific option) you can select during a solve
APB style ending
223, 2 pairs, EO+insert final cross edge and ZBLL
223, 2 pairs, CxLL, L5E
223, EO, RB, ZBLL
223, EO, CP, RB, 2GLL
223, Just solve F2L, LL
223 + one belt edge, EOLE, DCAL, CDRLL, L5EP
223 + one belt edge, EOLE, DCAL, JTLE, PLL
223 + one belt edge, EOLE, 6CO, 6CP, L5EP
223 + one belt edge, EOLE, 6CO, APDR, PLL
223 + one belt edge, EOLE, TDR, ZBLL
The last 4 are basically just Mehta (because I consider Mehta to be a variant of Petrus) Can option select be used during petrus? Let me know

V Achyuthan

WCA
2022SUND04
YouTube
Visit Channel
After doing little research
Doing OS at Petrus not really useful
APB and 223>EO>RB>ZBLL is already good
That's what I was asking help for. To invent a way to do Petrus OS, while maintaining the same movecount as APB and Base Petrus
Last 5 is just Mehta so it don't count at Petrus-OS
I mentioned it already (But yeah I mentioned only Last 4 as Mehta)

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Or you could just use Petrus.

Having infinite options is nice until you have to choose between them in 8 seconds and learn a bunch of algs on top of ZBLL and APB. Either stick with standard or with APB.

Let's actually critique some of the options:
Ending with L5E is just a bad idea, as the algs aren't brilliant, movecount is higher, etc.
2 gen redux after EO2x2x3 is just bad for speedsolving. There is no case where you would choose to do this.
The non EO approach isn't really Petrus anymore. It's worth to have in the bag just in case though.
All the Mehta approaches suffer from being worse ways to do Petrus normally.

Essentially, we have discovered that doing Petrus normally is better than overcomplicating it. If you just thought a little bit about any of these ideas properly, we wouldn't have another post, another thread of dumps of ideas. You've already posted this almost exactly word for word in the new method thread and it's starting to feel like you just want attention for your ideas that, to be 100% honest, are either not good or are unoriginal (or both). By all means, keep on thinking, but don't tell us everything you ever think of. Most of the time, you'll come up with bad ideas because that's how life works, but when you come up with a good idea, by all means let us know. Please don't tell us your bad ideas though, thank you.