• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

megaminx patterns

Does any one know algorithms for patterns on a megaminx, like flower or checkerboard

(dont tell me its in the wrong spot I know i didnt know where to put it)

mrCage

Does any one know algorithms for patterns on a megaminx, like flower or checkerboard

(dont tell me its in the wrong spot I know i didnt know where to put it)
HI,

I believe that noone cares much for making longish pattern algorithms on megaminx. Anything close to or over 100 turns becomes too cumbersome and tiring...

Per

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a perfect checkerboard pattern on the megaminx (using opposite colours for the pattern) is impossible.
This is correct. There are 30 edges, so that pattern would involve 15 2-cycles (because each edge is swapped with its opposite). This is a parity position and so you can't do it without disassembling the puzzle.

You can, however, do this:

(276 moves is not optimal of course)

It's possible on the 6-color megaminx.
Maybe, but a 6-color megaminx is arguably about as silly as a 3-color 3x3x3.

melaladi

I usually just solve the megaminx into the pattern,because most patterns take a large number of moves to make on the megaminx. many are over a hundred...