• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Megaminx BLD 17:50.07 UWR

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
MegaBLD UWR 17:50.07 (10:29.13) by me (Matt Sheerin) :D!

[video=youtube_share;Y4n1-UHColM]http://youtu.be/Y4n1-UHColM[/video]

Youtube description said:
17:50.07 (10:29.13)

Finally managed sub-20, with a couple of minutes to spare :). Since I don't think anyone else has a sub-20 this is almost certainly world record. 32/18'' in Noah metric if anyone is interested.

If I practiced a little more I could probably sub-15 in a couple of weeks, but I'm moving on to other stuff and will probably only get back to this if someone beats me.

Scramble:
R++ D++ R-- D-- R-- D-- R-- D++ R++ D++ U
R++ D++ R++ D++ R-- D++ R++ D++ R++ D-- U'
R++ D++ R++ D++ R++ D++ R-- D-- R-- D-- U
R-- D++ R++ D-- R++ D-- R++ D++ R-- D-- U
R++ D++ R-- D++ R-- D++ R++ D-- R++ D-- U
R++ D++ R++ D++ R-- D++ R++ D++ R++ D++ U
R-- D-- R++ D++ R++ D++ R-- D-- R-- D-- U

I can upload/email the unedited version if anyone wants me to, though I doubt anyone is interested.

The rest of my tutorial on megaBLD should be coming soon, I was tweaking some stuff so I held off until I had fixed it.

Matt

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congratulations, Matt - very impressive. Your execution speed is just way faster than mine. And it's clear from watching why - you turn about twice as fast as I do! It actually kind of freaks me out watching how fast you're turning.

I'm still not sure if it's the actual fastest time ever; there are still people who claim Chris Brownlee managed 15 minutes. (And I don't know if that means sub-15, or sub-16, or something else.) But I know of no proof of that.

pfffff, it's easy. I saw on TV, the guy solved megaminx blindfolded in about 2 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Rk2bczaGcaU#t=206s
)))

Oh wow, I didn't see the megaminx one - that's the most obnoxious one of all.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks guys :). Also, I was expecting the Maxim reference :p.

Congratulations, Matt - very impressive. Your execution speed is just way faster than mine. And it's clear from watching why - you turn about twice as fast as I do! It actually kind of freaks me out watching how fast you're turning.

I'm still not sure if it's the actual fastest time ever; there are still people who claim Chris Brownlee managed 15 minutes. (And I don't know if that means sub-15, or sub-16, or something else.) But I know of no proof of that.

I could turn faster for algs if I put more effort into making my megaminx good. I should really do that, it tends to catch a little especially on edge 3-cycles, so I turn carefully. I'd never heard of anyone getting around 15 minutes, but I at least have the fastest attempt on video. I know I can sub-15, I'm not sure I'll try though.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd never heard of anyone getting around 15 minutes, but I at least have the fastest attempt on video. I know I can sub-15, I'm not sure I'll try though.

I'm quite sure yours is the fastest video, yes.

The reference that I've gone from about Chris Brownlee was from Ville, here. And Joey Gouly seemed to agree that Chris had done it. I'm not sure how they found out - maybe they talked to him at some point? Maybe chatroom?

Oh, and maybe you need to put work into your megaminx, but it clearly already turns much better than mine. I have a terrible megaminx.

Last edited:

A Leman

I hear that Ms.Aoi's MegaBLD time is 15:40.00. But she didn't take video. Her 3x3BLD time is 20~40sec. She doesn't participate any competition.

Who? and 20 second 3BLD? does she have a youtube channel? I normally learn a lot from video's of solves that fast!

uesyuu

WCA
2008UENO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Who? and 20 second 3BLD? does she have a youtube channel? I normally learn a lot from video's of solves that fast!

Sorry, her youtube channel does not exist.
She is Japanese cuber.
She is doing Twitter, but her account is protected.
I hear these things from her Twitter account.
Her 3x3BLD average is about 35sec.

I hope she will paticipate competition and set WR.