• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Meffert's 4x4 broken!

Slash

WCA
2008TROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,
I have a question. I bought my meffert's 4x4 in July, and since that time 1 corner and two centers broke(one of the centers broke during my previous BLD attempt:mad:). I glued the corner and changed the center with an other one, but I'd like to know why are the pieces brake quite easily? I really take care about this cube, avoid dropping it etc. I don't really get why the store-bought super glue(costs half a dollar=100 HUF) keeps the pieces together better than the factory glue(I know it is not glue, but I'm not professional enough in English to be able to speak about "How It's Made").
The biggest problem is that I have two days until the Hungarian Open, and I don't want my cube brake during BLD.

Neo63

WCA
2008WUNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is what I got when I emailed Mefferts a while ago when i broke my corner piece

Mefferts said:
This enherent weakness has always been there since 1981, it is a great puzzle for speed cubing but the spacelimitations do not allow for some of these connectors in the center and corner pieces to be strengthened any further. However our puzzles are fully guaranteed to please so spread that along to newcomers to the puzzlers community. Let us know which color tiles the piece has and we will send you a Free replacement from Hong Kong immidiatly by Airparcel post.

jonny guitar

My 2 Mefferts are the only two 4x4's that I have owned that haven't broken; original Rubiks, retooled rubiks, eastsheen all broke in short order (eastsheen just became so loose it was impossible to use).