• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Me: Gan is overpriced and we should boycott! Also Me: I have too many Gans, lol

Kaiju_cube

IMG_3116 Large.jpeg

And then there's the 4x4, the Mirror Cube, the 2x2, the Skewb, the keychain, the Megaminx.... 🤦‍♂️

at what point should I start worrying that I have a problem?

IMG_3117 Large.jpeg

Gan 11 UV , Gan Custom w/ purple internals, Gan 12 Chan (orange)

I still think they're too expensive but they do make some really nice cubes.

Anyway I was curious how many Gan 3x3's I have so I dug them all out and figured I'd take a pic while they're out. I"m like 90% sure there's another UV coated one around here somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I gave it away.

Foreright

I’ll admit to being a bit of a Gan fanboy in the past - have an original 356, 357, 356SM, UM and a few others I can’t recall. My mains up until I got my Wrm maglev were my Gan X and a custom with purple internals also (Infinity X). The latter is still my favourite cube and my most expensive haha - probably tied with the Dayan coated GTS2M I had a few years ago that I deeply regret selling.

I don’t get this obsession with price though - if you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. I’d quite like a Lamborghini, but unfortunately I can’t stretch to one (and you can’t get 3 child car seats in one either) so… I haven’t bought one. I’m not moaning about boycotting them as they should be selling them for the price of a ford fiesta.

Sion

Even though I dont main their products, I think it's inaccurate to say GAN's cubes aren't good products. I don't have the money nor would want to spend anything more than $50 on a 3x3, but I do respect the decisions of others to choose their products; they are fairly excellent performance-wise, and they do often come up with features that eventually get adopted by other manufacturers.

It still amazes me how they can fit so much technology into a cube and still have it weigh so little, LMAO