• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mastermorphix Center Swap Pattern

johnp

I discovered this pattern on my new Mastermorphix after playing with it a bit this week. I'm new to cubing but haven't seen this pattern before on this puzzle so I thought I'd share. I guess its technically some type of corner swap but on the pyramid shape it appears as a center swap of sorts.

2yCCeK4.jpg
csLKyvg.jpg

Speaking of patterns I found this alternate checkered pattern on the 3x3, is this a commonly known pattern?

omw3PnP.jpg

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not sure but I believe that's just a 2-2 corner swap, which can be done with U R L U F B U2 F' B' U' R' L' U (on the 3x3x3, because the mastermorphix is just a 3x3x3 shape mod). The one with the corners and centers (which are both 3x3x3 corners) can be done with R L' F2 U2 R2 L2 U2 B2 R L' F2 B2.

johnp

That's correct qqwref. On the mastermorphix you can just keep a flat side on the table, then twist one 'edge' 180 degrees, turn the puzzle 90 degrees, and repeat a total of 18 times.