• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Maskow: MBLD 32/32, 39:17

WCA
2011KOWA01
YouTube
DarkMaskow
Thread starter #1

memo time: 25:52 (48.5s/cube)
solve time: 13:25 (25.16s/cube)
total time: 39:17 (1:13.66/cube)

So slow compared to 24 cubes because there is a difference in my memo style over 30 cubes - I do one more review for first 24 cubes. I also memorised last 8 as a one full pack of cubes, not 2x4 like in previous attempts and it was also slower. I won't check now how fast can I really do it - I did 32/32 in first attempt and it means that I should and I will try more in next attempt. And from now, attempts bigger than 32 should be FASTER per cube, not slower. And I still have 24 days left to my next official attempt ;) (I'm working on accuracy this time ^ _ ^)

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2012LEHT01
WOW!

Most amazing thing IMO is that if this was also first attempt then you have done 16+24+32=72 cubes WITHOUT A SINGLE MISTAKE. And just slightly over a minute per cube... Woah. Just. Woah...

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
0702Rocky
No offense to Maskow, but he's not very good at 5BLD. He's also not god at 4BLD. And he hasn't done any blindfolded solve on 6+. It's worth noting that he doesn't care about these events.

I think you mean: "The god of all 3BLD related events" :p
Yeah, I think if he did care more about them he would be very good. Not as good as like Ollie I don't think, but still quite fast. I do respect him for sticking with 3x3 though.

WCA
2014KAEM01
Do you think there will ever be a point at which you don't need to review packs for, say, anything under 40 cubes? Because I have a feeling with enough practice your memory would develop to the point that that's possible. What are other people's thoughts?

Do you think there will ever be a point at which you don't need to review packs for, say, anything under 40 cubes? Because I have a feeling with enough practice your memory would develop to the point that that's possible. What are other people's thoughts?
Memory skills can be pushed to super-human capabilities. I believe that a cube a minute is possible, with 60/60 in the hour limit.