• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Making Custom Cubes Help

minsarker

Hey, I want to try and make a 3x3x4, 3x3x5, and siamese cube. I was thinking of practicing with keychain rubiks (are they able to be disassembled)?

If they are, then I will need two cubes for the siamese, and could I use 3 cubes to make both the others or would I need 4?

Also, if anyone could post youtube link or wonderhowto link or whatever of the best tutorials on these id really appreciate it. I dont know who is correct on youtube and who is wrong so its hard.

I dont need a link to do the siamese as its fairly simple, and Thwarst or whatever on youtube has a detailed one.

Thanks for reading and the help!

jcuber

WCA
2009LEVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3x3x4's are just regular cubes with an extra layer glued on (no internal/structure modification) and 3x3x5's are the same, but adding one layer on two opposit sides. There are many tutorials on youtube on how to make a siamese cube, and yes, you can use keychain cubes for all of these mods.

minsarker

SWEET! So ima get me some keychain cubes and do them. So my real question is can I make both the extended ones with 3 cubes? or do I need 4?

and i need help finding a good extended tutorial, ive seen a few but they are different from each other