• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Making a site about 3x3 Speedcubes

zenclinkz

YouTube
Visit Channel
My new site, http://zenclinkz.webs.com, is designed to mix the reviews of cubes, mainly the main chinese cube models(e.g: Type A I,II,III). To make the site more reliable, I would be happy to receive your review and pictures on a specific cube. My website may start small, but eventually it will expand. The pictures I used are from pentrixter, which I will replace sooner. Since the site currently contains reviews from myself, and I do not own all the cubes, it may not be as reliable as it seems.
We all have different types of reviews and ratings on a specific cube, but to make that "generally acceptable", we have to merge them to make only one real review and rating for each cube. You get my idea, don't you? This may serve as an extension to pentrixter's great work.

As a summary,what I need are your:
1. cube reviews (try to be as objective as you can. provide your real name or youtube username as a reviewer of a certain cube)
2. cube pictures (very important!! you may want to put your trademark on it)

Rating Criteria(like YouTube):

Speed: 1-5/5

Resistance to pops: 1-5/5

Resistance to lockups: 1-5/5

Feel:Clicky vs. Choppy, Smooth vs. Rough

Average numerical rating: 1-5/5

I will add the scripts for these sooner so that you don't have to mail me.

Email me at [email protected] for both review and pics. Thank You

Update Log:
2/3/10-page break up

Last edited:

daniel0731ex

the name on that site is messed up. wtf is a ming ho? nobody calls it that way. you're missing the last character.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool idea, although it would be more useful for the community (I think) for you to work together with the other people who are knowledgeable about hardware, to make a large post or Wiki article explaining every type of cubes with ratings and explanations. It would be great to see something like that updated often with the correct names and perhaps some c4u/popbuying links.

AndyRoo789

Premium Member
Hmm..
Good job.
It'd be nice if daniel0731ex made something like what you/pentrixter did.

NanoCuber

WCA
2010WILS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool idea, although it would be more useful for the community (I think) for you to work together with the other people who are knowledgeable about hardware, to make a large post or Wiki article explaining every type of cubes with ratings and explanations. It would be great to see something like that updated often with the correct names and perhaps some c4u/popbuying links.

+1 Yeah definitely, that would be awesome if you did that

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01

I was thinking about re-organising the puzzle hardware stuff so that each cube has its own page (with pics, links and reviews). More info here. Does this sound like a good idea?

Athefre

Site said:
Type A: It's only downfall is that it easily pops.

Site said:
Type C: If you're already used to using Type A cubes, this cube may feel heavier for you. This cube doesn't pop as often as Type A

From my experience, that stuff is wrong. Type C is one of the lightest cubes I've held and Type A is the heaviest I've ever held. Also, Type C pops much more easily than a Type A (and most types of cubes). Type A is harder to pop than most cubes even at the most loose tension.

oskarasbrink

WCA
2009ASBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i don't like these threads/ websites because allt of the cubes are so inconsistent. like my type a might be good depeding on ho old it is / what lube / breaking in and ll that stuff. so i don't think that you should write fron one persons opinion. like someone said earlier that his type C popped alot. mine didn't pop at all and was pretty heave and cut corners at maybe 35 degrees.
cube quality varies from cube to cube