• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Make my own rubik's cube!?

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,
I like my cubes, but I want to make one perfect for me, so I decided I want to make my own. Example: buy type A-V core, and ghost hand II pieces, and make my own logo, and print my own stickers out. But there is a problem. I don't have many cubes, so I don't know which core/pieces I should get. Please help! I do want a DIY core. so please, if you have any ideas, can you please help??? Thank you!!!!

Joker

YouTube
Visit Channel
It's called a hyrbird.
The 3 most popular cubes now are: GuHong, Haiyan Memory, and F-II. Get them all I guess, and experiment with them.

Joker

YouTube
Visit Channel
I never said A-V, I just used that as an example, honestly, I have never used one! Just heard a lot of people used it. I might do what Joker said
Yeah do what Joker said :tu

TheMachanga and Waffle said:
-stuff about personal preference-
Joker said:
Thats why I said to get all 3 lol

I would say the F-II, A-V, and Guhong.
Although I personally prefer the Guhong.
:tu
Do what either Generation said or Joker, but if you did what Generation said then mod A-V to Haiyan Memory
:tu

Last edited:

Joker

YouTube
Visit Channel
K fixed my post.

Lock ups can occur when you try to cut a corner too much and your cube can't cut it. Bad turning can causu locks also. The corner pieces of a cube may not be shaped well, also causing locks.

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I really want to know what cube has no lock ups, and what cube has no pops, and what cube can cut corners very well, than I might buy them, and make a Hybrid. So any ideas? I am thinking f-II, A-V and maybe even my ghost cube II I have now. What do you think??

Joker

YouTube
Visit Channel
No cube has no lock ups, no pops and can cut very well.
But the GuHong supposedly rarely locks and pops, and its the best corner cutting cube so far.

cyoubx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Egh.....so you're looking for a "perfect cube." No such thing exists. One cube's virtues are another's downfalls and vice versa. Pops have to do with the cuber's accuracy; same with lock-ups. As for corner cutting, most DIY's these days can cut a cubie.

F II, A V, and GH II are all popular, which implies they're all good....to some individuals. It's just preference.

Bottom line: It's the cuber, not the cube.

emg

WCA
2004GATE02
get the F-II, A-V, and GuHong, (possibly wait for LingYun)
that's what I did, and it's the only way to decide on a cube
in the end, even though all three are ridiculously awesome, and I like the feel of the F-II the most, I went with the GuHong because I lock up less and get better times
also, do the memory mod to the A-V, worth it