• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Magnets Discussion and Help thread

Bui An

Does the non magnetic weilong gts3 have magnet slot?

I want to 3d print a budget interchangeable magnet system for it and having a magnet slot kind of obstruct the planning

sillyturdle

Has anyone been able to crack into the gan 356r to see if its magnetizable? I've heard conflicting things about it.

sillyturdle

Cube Solve Hero said he was gonna try, but I haven't seen any footage or confirmation yet.

And..... he mest up the polarities. XD oh well. IF the m version is anywhere near as good as a LMM or MF3RS2m then I really want to pick one up and magnetize it. If not, then i'll wait for the mf3rs3.

Hello, I magnetized my cube and arranged the pieces the best I can.

While solved, the orange and green side is okay. Clicks and snaps when turning. The yello only clicks and snaps when doing a 180 deg turns. Other side doesnt snap at all. They just snap at solved state.

Also when solving, they disalign etc. Maybe some of them aren't aligned or I have some polarity problems.

If so, how do I know where the problematic magnet is and how do I fix it?

Thoughts please.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It sounds like you have a polarity issue. To find the problem child, take the cube apart and compare all corner sides to an edge, then compare edge sides to a corner. Eventually you'll find a pair that repels.

teh yoshi

What is the best magnet strength for a WuShuang 5x5, corners and edges? I would like them to be on the weaker side, but still enough strength in the edges so I can do M slice moves.
N35 4x1.5 all around if you want it on the weaker side. If you want, you can use N35 4x2 for the inner layers.

My WuShuang has N38 4x1.5 all around, and I think it's perfect.

CraZZ CFOP

WCA
2018HUGE02
I've been thinking about magnetizing a Yuexiao Pro with magnets from a Shengshou Mr. M. Could I do it, should I do it, and would I need superglue?
P.S. The Shengshou magnets are 5x1.5 mm

teh yoshi

I've been thinking about magnetizing a Yuexiao Pro with magnets from a Shengshou Mr. M. Could I do it, should I do it, and would I need superglue?
P.S. The Shengshou magnets are 5x1.5 mm
Definitely sounds possible. Just ignore the magnet slots and glue magnets on the walls on the opposite sides. And of course you need superglue.

teh yoshi

Could I instead use hot glue?
Would it melt the plastic?
I've never tried it, nor have I heard of anybody using it, but for the very reason you just stated, I'm going to not recommend it.

What I do recommend, however, if you're in the US, is to get some Gorilla Glue Gel at your local hardware store.

Sergey

Any ideas how to remove glued magnets from the cube? Unfortunately bought (not so)cheap magnets and its grade turned out to be far less than declared by the seller (n35 or even less instead of n42)....:mad:

Last edited: