• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

M slice technique poll

Which hand is your dominant hand, and which hand do you use to turn the M slice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Frog

I can use my left/right hand for most tasks... ever since I started OH

My writing is nicer with my left hand (but slower)
My writing is faster with my right hand (But sloppier)

For the sake of the poll I put down Right handed / LeftyMs

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't do roux, but other methods use M slice too :p . I put ambidextrous, because I use both hands regularly for cubing. I M slice with my left hand.

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am 'write handed' but left handed in more things and can write with my left hand. I do left hand for M slice, sometimes right if my left hand is too late to recover from a move

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
i would be more interested in how you do M moves particularly... i find, when doing M' by oulling with your ringfinger from DB to the front, it is fastest du push M from DB to BU... however i see nearly noone doing this, or am i mistaking?

On Topic: Whatever method is use, i do Ms with left or right hand, depending on the situation. since i started doing Ms with Right hand but i felt it was hard to do Us combined with a doubleflick, i also learned Ms with the left hand. win :)

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
You are mistaken, have you seen my solves?
Also have you tried right ring push back from FD for M

i have seen them :p your just too fast, take this as a compliment. it sometimes looks as if you where just doing Rw' R or take your index from above for M... or do you just do EVERYTHINGß? :D

and, yes, i have tried that, and theres no way i could implement that in a smooth solve... maybe with my pinky, but not with ring.

JonnyWhoopes

Premium Member
WCA
2011GRAY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't do roux, but other methods use M slice too :p . I put ambidextrous, because I use both hands regularly for cubing. I M slice with my left hand.

Yeah, it was three AM here when I posted the thread. The question isn't method specific though.

Any chance a mod could change the title to "M slice technique poll"?

::EDIT:: Thanks mods!

Last edited:

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm right-handed and use right hand for M' or M2. Either Rw'R for M or use right thumb. CFOP user. I heard people say it's better to use left hand for M moves so right hand can do U2 but that doesn't happen too often. H-perm I use is M2 U' M2 U2 M2 U' M2. Four M2s and one U2. I don't know if I could ever get my left hand to do M2s as fast as my right hand does just so I can do one U2 move. My left hand is fairly quick doing U' U', but if I had a choice, I would learn U2 with my left hand before M2 with my left hand.

mDiPalma

right handed
i used to use columns first

right ring for M'
right ring + middle for M2
left pinky for M
leaving left index/middle and right index for U'/U2 and U

applemobile

I use my index and ring on my right hand to flick M2's and use the top o my right index to push M moves. My m slice moves really are my strength and I love them, it's one reason I really should switch to roux, but because my cross is my weakness, I know I would never be a good block builder.

JasonK

Premium Member
WCA
2011KILB01
I use my index and ring on my right hand to flick M2's and use the top o my right index to push M moves. My m slice moves really are my strength and I love them, it's one reason I really should switch to roux, but because my cross is my weakness, I know I would never be a good block builder.

If you want to MU spam but don't want to do Roux, you could try CFCE. CLL is nice and ELL can all be done <M,U>.

already1329

I am left handed but my right hand is my dominant cubing hand. I use my left hand for M slice moves though. I use my left handed for OH.

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I do write with my left, but I do what's left with my right =)
M' is right ring push against BD.
M2' is right ring push + left ring push, both against BD.
M can be done a variety of ways, from a DB push with right ring, to a BU push with right index.

Status
Not open for further replies.