• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lunhui- switching cores recommended?

Is there a need to switch cores?

• Yes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters

devoblue

Switching cores making a cube better is a myth these days.

All the cores have a decent enough hardness and flexibillity. What makes a cube better is taking all the centers off, cleaning, lubing, and setting the tensions. Swapping the core at some stage makes no difference. I have GuHongs and LingYuns with Type A, C4U, and Dayan cores and I can't attribute a difference in their performance to the core. There is nothing wrong with Dayan cores. If they were available as standalone parts people would be swapping them into their mufangs, alphas, and shengens.

Now if you have a Diansheng you may notice a difference, but I'm talking about current hardware.

gundamslicer

YouTube
Visit Channel
Switching cores making a cube better is a myth these days.

All the cores have a decent enough hardness and flexibillity. What makes a cube better is taking all the centers off, cleaning, lubing, and setting the tensions. Swapping the core at some stage makes no difference. I have GuHongs and LingYuns with Type A, C4U, and Dayan cores and I can't attribute a difference in their performance to the core. There is nothing wrong with Dayan cores. If they were available as standalone parts people would be swapping them into their mufangs, alphas, and shengens.

Now if you have a Diansheng you may notice a difference, but I'm talking about current hardware.

Well when most people switch cores, it is for cubes that loosen themselves or to decrease popping. When I switched the core on my lingyun, it decreased popping by 40% but, with the Lunhui, there doesn't seem to be a reason to switch cores due to the interior locking of the parts.