• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lubing isn't helping

I lubed my cube about 3 times now, I washed all the pieces, wiped the core clean, I put silicone spray and it doesn't do anything, I've lubed the pieces, the screws, nothing. Sluggish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Lordpaxin

Lube is usually used to slow a cube down. Unless you have something that's water based like DNM-37, or Maru lube. Some Speed lubes like Weight 1 or 2, and specialty lubes can speed it up like Mystic, Martian. Etc.. I wouldn't use silicone spray anymore unless it's your only option I guess. There's better things out there.

Silicone spray is my only option, I think that what's making it sluggish is that lube that there's too much lube on the screws making it very slow, I will wait until tomorrow to see if it gets better, of not I'll unscrew all of my screws and clean them individually

It probably has to do with your lube, or you are just using to much.
Last time I lubed was Tuesday, and it was fine and fast, I went to lube it today, cleaned it with a moist wipe sprayed some in and nothing, I washed all of the pieces in water and put lube, still sluggish.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Last time I lubed was Tuesday, and it was fine and fast, I went to lube it today, cleaned it with a moist wipe sprayed some in and nothing, I washed all of the pieces in water and put lube, still sluggish.

You don't need to lube twice a week

I really think that your cube is sluggish either because of the cube itself, the lube you are using, or the amount of lube you are using. I think it is the lube you are using though.
I am using silicone spray (without any solvents) I have applied it before and it was fine, I think I just put too much and the screws are kinda full of lube